Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 2:58pm
Wow, thats the big 3-way horn loaded job.  Always wanted to see them without the scrim, but never have.  Any chance of a pic when you get a chanceWink.
music is the message
soundforyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 12:58am
wow! some of the info here i have been searching the net for years ..... thanksClap
Life is Now
makar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 5:29pm
Would anyone be able to identify these speakers, in order to know what kind of power they need?

colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 7:03pm
It'd be a lot easier if you removed the grill or posted any info in the connection plate on the rear of the cab.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
makar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 7:46pm
Was afraid you'd say that, could try and take off the grill another time.

What do you mean by the connection plate? I couldn't find any written
info on the back or anywhere else on the surface
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 8:01pm
No connection plate info it seems, Pm Tony ASS on here for any info on his marvellous cabs :)
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 9:58pm
Mid tops from the spektra range, my guess is sp3 or sp4  because the sp5 has the 15+8" driver and that cab appears to be only one driver+horn.
makar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 11:26pm
Thanks a lot!
Looks like they are the SP4 model so 400W rms, would never have found it myself

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:07am
To confirm, they are SP4's 400 watts. The original's had B and C 15PL40 speakers and DE25 drivers {later to become 15PLB76 and DE250. Passive x\o at 1.6k.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 11:33am
I remember using an ASS system with mid top cabs loaded with 2 x 10", 1 x 2" and 1 x 1". What model would that be? CanĀ“t find it in the brochures.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 10:02pm

Robbo just sold 4 of them .......... would have lovedCry them

robbo just sold 4 of them 
Life is Now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 10:12pm
[QUOTE=Robbo]Just in the process of re-furbing a pair of Martin Audio VRS800 cabinets identical to the ones on the first page of this post that Ian has shown from the Martin Audio catalogue of the day.
All components are totally original and all with their original Martin Audio stickers except for the JBL 2426 HF drivers with JBL ID on----Even the passive crossovers are totally original and with all the XLRs in place as they have not been butchered by fitting Speakons but we are going to fit a metal 8 pole Speakon in the space left on the input panel---Properly, I might add so that it looks as if it was there when the cabinets left the factory----The only thing missing is the Martin Audio badges from the original front grilles---If anyone has any spare at all, I would be most grateful if they can let me know---Its the older aluminium plate screen printed badge with the large "M" on it not the newer smaller plastic one---Cheers--John.
[/QUOTE
Sooooo glad you did not fit the speakon ...... I have these cabinets now (thanks Robbo)  they are really amazing
Life is Now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>