Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:21pm
I don't think this one has been posted before:

AMS (Nick Cohen), from around 1976.

www.spamabyss.net/pictures/AMSSpeakers.jpg

Edited by madboffin - 17 November 2012 at 11:24pm
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:14am
I wonder what happened to him, he seemed to vanish without a trace. He was quite a prominent advertiser in the early days in Beat Instrumental.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 3:52pm
Blimey a blast from the past.

Call the number Tony......don't fall over if he answers hehe
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 8:01pm
I remember helping somebody unstack a PA system that used the 212HPA mids, and being surprised by the weight of them. Although they looked like the then-common 2x12 angled mids, the bit in the middle was a Vitavox 4kHz diffraction slot horn with an S3 driver on the back. It fitted neatly in between the two ATC Standard 12's. This would have been in the mid 1970's.

We had a pair of his 212HWM wedges, they were well made and worked fine.

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:37am
I've just come across this job advert in an old Wireless World magazine:

http://spamabyss.net/pictures/MAww73.jpg

insurgent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insurgent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:12am
Can anyone post/link to, an image of the ASS SP9? Or did I just miss it in the collections already posted?
To Old Now View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:46pm
I have just found these you might like!
You want it when?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 10:49am
Another one from Westmill
You want it when?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 10:53am
I found these ones from Mega Dwarf Series. Look at the 6x10 that was a killer for subs in club's A lot of the time they only used one cab.
You want it when?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:02am
This is from Gulton Europe who built the EV range in Nidau Swiss. for the Europe market so they don't have to ship from USA.
Look at the 4x15 cab at the back. That cab killed 108db at 1 watt. He He not bad for the 70's 800watt rated. I all ways wanted to build a pair of them. I have the drawings from Shuttle Sound some where.
You want it when?
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:25am
Check that massive white wave guide, it's massive Big smile.
music is the message
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Just in the process of re-furbing a pair of Martin Audio VRS800 cabinets identical to the ones on the first page of this post that Ian has shown from the Martin Audio catalogue of the day.
All components are totally original and all with their original Martin Audio stickers except for the JBL 2426 HF drivers with JBL ID on----Even the passive crossovers are totally original and with all the XLRs in place as they have not been butchered by fitting Speakons but we are going to fit a metal 8 pole Speakon in the space left on the input panel---Properly, I might add so that it looks as if it was there when the cabinets left the factory----The only thing missing is the Martin Audio badges from the original front grilles---If anyone has any spare at all, I would be most grateful if they can let me know---Its the older aluminium plate screen printed badge with the large "M" on it not the newer smaller plastic one---Cheers--John.

Like these?

I'll see if i can tease the ones off the front of mine. My grills have seen better days and i'm not too fussed what they look like. If i can get them off, I'll post them down to you.

My cabs have the NL8 on them as well. It's a good mod to have.
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>