Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 8:35am
Seeing that Photo of the old westmill system, reminds me of other cabs, Neil Grant operated Westmill in Scotland. Things changed and he became Eastmill and operated from London. He had problems with Dave Martin over some of the Bass Bins he did, but after a while came out with the Christmas Tree system. Does anyone recall the large bass cabs he did with this. I used to make his horns for Eastmill so I had some contact. He now works out of Guildford doing expensive Yacht interiors.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:03am
We had some Eastmill 1x15 bass cabinets at one stage Tony--They were the really deep ones with the big phase bung assembly in front of the driver that was filled with expanding foam.
We used them 2 per side on our sidefills as they were totally useless for FOH work and could not even compete with a tiny Martin 115 bin.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:29am
When I first saw these cabs, they fascinated me because of the completely curved form. We stored some for a while prior to shipping to Germany with our own stuff. I did take a bar handle off to look inside and discovered the expanded foam. This was the first time I had seen this application. I was still suspicious of the thin horn walls but I never heard them being used. Mick Johnson Music was trying to distribute them at one time, but I think they just faded away. I don't suppose many were made because I have never seen another one.
To Old Now View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 10:18am
That's the name I could not remember who diss RCF when Covmain closed. Mick Johnson Music! I used to call there before going up to Shuttle Sound.
Lol
You want it when?
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 2:58pm
Yeah Mick Johnson used to trade ATC speakers and the Canary mixer range at one stage along with a few other lines of bits and pieces.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 11:32pm
Mick always had this connection with a French guy called Eric. He started selling his speakers. This of course was Nexo. Mick later became involved in the company and still is as far as I know. I new Mick well as he took over distribution of my horns when Covemain stopped. He did RSD amps and a few more things I've forgotten about. I bought a Canary mixer from him for a studio in a house, and we collected it from Bob Birthright on the day. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by To Old Now To Old Now wrote:

That's the name I could not remember who diss RCF when Covmain closed. Mick Johnson Music! I used to call there before going up to Shuttle Sound.
Lol
I may have missed something for a while, but I think it was Bill Kelsey who had it next. At one point after covemain, it was offered to me, but I knew nothing about distribution. RCF were selling hundreds of Drivers to go with my horns.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 11:50pm
I had a friend who was a rep for him for about 6 months. I don't think it worked out. I think he was selling RCF before Covmain closed. May be he was buying from Bill Kelsey. I cannot think what date it was,I would say around early 80's But just guessing .
You want it when?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 11:55pm
I would imagine he was selling from Bill, Mick would not have had the space to take the whole imported range.
erikp74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikp74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 6:16am
hey guys great site with great threads am really enjoying myself reading through all the material posted thanks would any of you have some old ev. brochures with the modular systems in them i think they were post sentry generation from about 85' 86 somewhere in that era i remember two type of wbins a 200 and a 400 watt version with matching mids and highs ive been searching the internet for them but cant seem to find any. thanks in advance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 10:40am
I think the product code for the bins you are talking about are.> 4025 is the single 15 200watt, and the 4050 is double 15 400watt.
The bin size was about 1800mm x800mm x400mm. it had a 12" mid cab and a killer of a horn, In white. Have a look at the last 2 pages on here I posted a EV page with the horn on with some good from the 70's.
I will look deeper in to my files I think I have the drawings or data sheets.
You want it when?
erikp74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikp74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 12:22pm
thanks to old new im looking forward to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>