Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 5:20pm
Hope these are the ones you was talking about!
You want it when?
To Old Now View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 5:51pm
Sorry about the text its not very clear.
You want it when?
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 7:51pm
We used to build these for Shuttlesound back in the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:15pm
I did not know they used them! I would have loved to have herd a few of them. I got leach to build me a pair they worked great! Did not use the Pro-Line driver, used the DX 15 instead.
You want it when?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 9:29am
Shuttlesound were the Electrovoice  distributors, and we used to build the EV stuff under licence. We also made two models of the white horns, the numbers escape at the moment, but it was the 90 and 60 degree ones. pre Constant Directivity.
dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 9:54am
Memories - especially from the "venues using ASS" page of the catalogue. I used to work at the two stoke venues listed. Shame one is now a car park and one's a vodka bar!
Logic System XTA EAW MC2 Robe Anytronics Futurelight Trilite Tas and a wife....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 9:11pm
Yes Tony I knew them down at Shuttle Sound! I just thought they did not use that cab as it was only available for a short time as the MT4 came on line. It then just vanished out of the pages from the catalogue.

You want it when?
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 10:13pm
Here are the original engineering sheets for the two cabs. Hope this helps.

For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by To Old Now To Old Now wrote:

Yes Tony I knew them down at Shuttle Sound! I just thought they did not use that cab as it was only available for a short time as the MT4 came on line. It then just vanished out of the pages from the catalogue.

It was a cab they used for installs. After making them, I only ever saw them in clubs. There were 8 installed in a club here in Southend at one point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 3:39pm
Wow Tony 8 in a club. Did you ever get to hear them? I thought they only used motivators in there installs before MT4.
Was it a complete install  with the 12" and the white horns. lol not white for long in a club.
You want it when?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 6:28pm
They were two high in four positions around the dance floor. The Motivators which we also made were hung above the bass cabs in the same positions. When we made these we never knew where they were going. I only found out it was a Southend  club when we went in to re do the whole place with our own system sometime later.
erikp74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikp74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 12:28am
yess! those are the ones havent seen them for ages!! greatly appreciated thanx for the effort guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>