Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo sound, plans ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 3:43pm
I know a guy with the plan
Will i get sued for posting it?
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 7:54pm
Post it..Post it...post it...info should be free on the net...anyways it is way out of date. Bye, VECTORDJ
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 9:17pm
OK ok ok, I just have to get my hands on it.
Anyway I do have a plan of the kicksection from when i simmed it, the rest is just a box housing the mid & high horns & drivers.
I could do a mold of the mid horns, but I think the back part of the phaseplug has to be redesignet to fit newer drivers.

I never build an entire "copy" box, only renovation, once i had to make new phaseplugs for two of my boxes. A guy from on here wanted to restore two old boxes but ended up building 2 new ones with backpanels, horns & parts from the original two.

Edited by tv00 - 02 April 2013 at 10:08pm
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 9:29pm
@AndrAAx:
I don't completely agree with your crossover settings.

First of tms-2a is 2-way bi-amp in all manuals and real versions I've seen. one channel for midbass and one for high-mid, with the 10" wired OUT OF PHASE in the tms-2 version but IN PHASE in the tms-4 version probably due to the different horn lenghts of the 1" horns. Furthermore one should take notice if the passive filter has been upgraded to cross at 3000 hz instead of 2500 hz

I would cross like this:
1": 3000-out (I think it drops out above 3k)
10": 250-3000 (I often raise to 280 or 300 hz)
15": 85-250 (most often I choose 90-120 and up)

Delay: note that 10" and 1" has DIFFERENT delays when run bi-amp as the 1" horn i much shorter, this is not the case for tms-4. Furthermore I've learned that delays are not always logical like they fit the centimeter leght of the horn.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

OK ok ok, I just have to get my hands on it.
Anyway I do have a plan of the kicksection from when i simmed it, the rest is just a box housing the mid & high horns & drivers.
I could do a mold of the mid horns, but I think the back part of the phaseplug has to be redesignet to fit never drivers.

I newer build an entire "copy" box, only renovation, once i had to make new phaseplugs for two of my boxes. A guy from on here wanted to restore two old boxes but ended up building 2 new ones with backpanels, horns & parts from the original two.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve here. You are basically going to build a box that looks like a TMS-2. But with different drivers, changed phaseplugs etc. This would mean you compromise the design and you would end up with a completely different cab in the end. That TMS-2 sound is a combination of the drivers and design, not just the sum of the parts used. You might possible get better results building a different cab, like the Xtro, that has been mentioned in this thread before, if you wan't a high performance 3 way top with drivers that are available today.

just my 2c
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 10:02pm
I agree, that's why I never made a copy, just restoring to original mid section design
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 11:41pm
Have heard Xtro few times, and 8" section always sounded very weak.

I have the Plans for the TMS2 15" section. Don't expect original cab performance, if not carefully selecting 15" driver.

The 10" fibreglass flare can be bought 2nd hand, after diligent seeking.

Better 1" drivers than the original, can be found.

In terms of below 75hz, or above 170hz, the HD15 is the poor, anorexic cousin of the older Turbo 15" kick section. HD15 will not do above 200hz, like TMS2.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:16pm
OK, promise to post it sound, but it's much cheaper to buy used ones than building new ones.
But they are hard to find.
Anyone got the link to the passive filters? Can't find them no more and my old latop broke down:-(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123