Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo sound, plans ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 6:16am
i would love to look at this design
APMAUDIO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APMAUDIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 10:15am
If someone were to post plans how do you propose to make the mid flare/phaseplug?? If you can build that bit then just stick an HD15 underneath and you're done!
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 10:27am
Mikey makes mid flares, as far as I know....
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by APMAUDIO APMAUDIO wrote:

If someone were to post plans how do you propose to make the mid flare/phaseplug?? If you can build that bit then just stick an HD15 underneath and you're done!

No you are not! Turbosound is crossin low to mid at about 400Hz. No way that HD15 will go that high.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
APMAUDIO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APMAUDIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:45pm
Turbo always did like to push the limits of the bass section in these old cabs but they never went as high as 400Hz. 250Hz was usual.I have a datasheet here for TMS5 which used a 12" low section and that crosses at 300Hz .I admitt,this is still a little high for an HD15 but there was nothing special going on in the Turbo BPH to allow a higher crossover either.(Like the phase plug in some F1 cabs)
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 7:40pm
more about the driver selction for the bph section (some will work higher than others in any given design)
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 1:12pm
The turbomid device is a 10" iirc, so Mykeys horn won't do the business if you want to build a TMS2.

If you want to build a 3 way cab with an 8" horn loaded mid over a horn loaded 15" then there are better designs like the Xtro out there.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 1:41pm

PM me and ill give u the plans Wink

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 1:43pm
please please NO MORE PMS, IT WAS A JOKE PEOPLE Stern Smile
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 2:03pm
Firstly I would like to make clear that I haven't heard any of TMS series nor X-TRo.

Having said that, by looking at the designs I'd say X-tro would be everything TMS Turbos are and a bit more. It is somewhat smaller, louder and more clever. 2x15" straight BPH versus folded 12", 15" or 18" BPH... And with XT8 horn the mid should be every bit as good as old Turbo mid, specially with todays more advanced drivers...

X-Tro is fundamentally better design, more advanced (some 20 years more advanced?) heir to the TMS design.

Edited by pfly - 04 April 2009 at 2:04pm
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 6:27pm
TMS is pretty old to be honest. I own X-tro's and have heard them against more modern Turbo, flashlight for one, and even the owner of the flashlights said the x-tro's ate them for volume and clarity in the kick and top end, however I was using wooden horns on the 8inch mid and it didn't quite match up. I'd imagine with Mykey's moulded phaseplugged horn on 8inch duty it would be a different story.
AndrAAx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrAAx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 9:51pm
These are TMS-2A
15" + 10" + 1"
They are 3-way from factory (Bi-mamp) (There is also speakers out that are 3-way passive, think they are called TMS-2AP). If you rip out the passive x-over, it sounds much better even with the original drivers!

X-over like this on 3-way
Low = 30Hz-250HZ
Mid = 250hz-5000hz delay 0.144ms
High = 3700hz-20000hz delay 0.144ms
LR 24db/oct

The pdf on this speaker you can download from TurboSounds FTP, but no plans! :)

But they are almost 30years old! But i like the sound, fullrange, hitting hard, small size (865x432x578mm) and only 48kg! Play loud even with not that much power, but can handle up to about 400-500W RMS, about 131db at peak

Edited by AndrAAx - 23 April 2009 at 9:52pm
It’s hard to make a thing idiot-proof! Because idiots are so bloody genius!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>