Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ciare 18SW ; Bass Maker or Heart Breaker?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MikeHunt79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 11:35pm
What price are they? No where seems to sell 'em...
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 6:02pm
Seems like everywhere I look someone is saying "or you could load em with THESE!" (enter link to Ciare 18SW)

They look like TONS of fun with the enormously high Xmax and BL factors but are they worth the extra money with the sad Freq curve and the somewhat low sencitivity? Are there any corresponding HR models up that my searches missed? I'm building 4x 186 horns and plan another 4x soon after. Would these be a viable copliment or eventual replacement to the 18sound 1400's ive got? I Definately like the fact they're avalible in 4ohm as this would allow my QSC RMX4050HD's (or any similar quality amp as I understand) to push TWICE as many cabs with similar levels but at an inflated cost of about 25% per driver.

Is the Ciare 18SW the new ground pounder, or an Italian twist on the Kilomax tit?
"Always look on the bright side of life" -Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234