Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ciare 18SW ; Bass Maker or Heart Breaker?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 1:20am
Would that be people wanting to build a good cab design and fit it with a cheap driver that won't work in the cab?

That's like buying a high specced BMW and fitting a lada engine inside.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 4:23am
wouldn't be as bad as that, but we understand what you mean
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by josh20-11 josh20-11 wrote:

Hey Guys!
I want to build the 1850 horn with a Eminence Omega Pro 18 Speaker!
Do you think its a good choice?

Start a new thread for your own questions sir.

It's everything, not everythink!
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 5:13pm
Ciare are f**king annoying to deal with. They actually TOLD me they didn't do 4r versions of the 12.00sw when I knew someone who about 50 of the f**king things in their warehouse.

Somewhere I've got a number that if you call they will actually be helpful, I'll find it if anyone is interested?

Looks like a brute of a driver as well.
Joe Average View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Average Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 11:24pm
Yes pleas, on the number, would like to replace a dozen C-550's with these and see what they sound like grouped in bloody great horns.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Joe Average Joe Average wrote:

Yes pleas, on the number, would like to replace a dozen C-550's with these and see what they sound like grouped in bloody great horns.

bare with me, i have it on a computer at my parents house, 300 miles away! but ill get it for you. I had so much trouble getting stuff from them but worked out in the end.

what are these bloody great horns you speak of?
TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:03am
\\\\\\\\\\\\18.00sw driver is ciare's answer to mccauley's 6174. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\

very different drivers....
horns plans http://photofile.ru/users/tda-audio/
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by TDA-Audio TDA-Audio wrote:

\\\\\\\\\\\\18.00sw driver is ciare's answer to mccauley's 6174. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\

very different drivers....

that may be true, but i read that ciare only started designing their 18.00sw after seeing a mccauley 6174 loaded bassmaxx cabinet.  I remember also hearing an american company claiming they replaced all 6174 drivers for the 18.00sw.  you can see how ciare have engineered their 18.00sw to be a similar performer to the 6174.  the only difference is that they have aimed for something a bit more horn friendly at the expense of fs being higher.
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
mpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 6:24am
i agree with u its good driver but no life it have its burns lot n some time lead wire get cut... dust cap come out manufacture prob is lot in pd 1850...
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

Ciare are f**king annoying to deal with. They actually TOLD me they didn't do 4r versions of the 12.00sw when I knew someone who about 50 of the f**king things in their warehouse.

Somewhere I've got a number that if you call they will actually be helpful, I'll find it if anyone is interested?

Looks like a brute of a driver as well.
member Marvin on here
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 6:50am
Originally posted by mpro mpro wrote:

i agree with u its good driver but no life it have its burns lot n some time lead wire get cut... dust cap come out manufacture prob is lot in pd 1850...
probably in a reflex box?  sensitivity is to low

stick it in a hornWink
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by rich_gale rich_gale wrote:

id like to see a scaled up punisher style cab using this woofer...  maybe in two parts with a bolt on mouth section!

Now thats something Im interested in! Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>