FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portable sound system!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portable sound system!
    Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:13am
ahhh, dont mention it!

its a little behind schedule to say the least - there have been a few problems with waiting for components (3 weeks wait for the APT80s .. ), had to return and get a replacement sure board (another 14 days on top of the 14days taken to recieve the first lot). have then been on holiday when the fedex delivery was delievered so will need to head up to their depot, toolstation managed to 'lose' my orders, then i managed to break my toe, had to spend a week in work when i was meant to be cutting...... ETC Dead

but, got: wood, tools, bits, plans and components now - so nothing can stop me Big smile (fingers crossed)
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:11pm
the wheelie system was sold today so building can resume on the new rig..  hows the system going subbass?
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 2:36pm
i just made a 14.4v lithium pack.  scary sh*t to be honest due to the soldering of the seperate cells this time.  i had to wire 56 cells together in a series parallel circuit.  so total is 14.4v 33ah (assuming the cells were new).  im estimating they are at half capacity due to age so still have 14.4 15ah in a package the same weight as a 7ah 12v sla.
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 11:17am
yeah, i double checked with the multimeter and with full juice they were just about pushing 39v ..

it did sound good! just plugged one of the working ones into the 5.1 system downstairs (so it was running at ~3.5R split across 5 channels) and pushed up the volume .. damn! they're loud! the KEF fullrange speakers were pretty close to their Xmaxs on all the snares before you began to hear the clipping Thumbs Up

and that was with a 12v supply .. will test it with different voltages later maybe to see if it does make any difference :)

Big smile

Edited by subbass - 05 July 2009 at 11:17am
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 11:02am
36v?  i had a thought the other day..  a fully charged 12v battery is actually 13-14v so 3 12v batteries in series might be up to 42volts...  i have yet to try my sure board.  did it sound good for the short time it worked?
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 10:20am
yeah, the weather was perfect :D

turns out that the project is being delayed a little, still waiting on the order from sounds4u after they made a stock error with APT80s .. not impressed

oh, and i got sent a dodgy board from sure electronics too - cap set itself alight about 5 minutes of perhaps 10w into 8R?

smells horrible Dead
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 8:26pm
awsome man.  thats what its all about really.  i think we have all got pretty serious about the whole 12v thing- i know im digging it right now, but things like a bodged system are just as much fun once you are all chilling in the sun.  was a perfect day for it i bet!
had a proper offer on the big daddy system today.  gonna be gone by the end of next week so taking it out tonight for one last crazy one.  
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 6:27pm
nice!

Made a temporary rig yesterday and took it up for extended downage

worked real well, only had 30wrms but did use it properly and the bass worked well outside - surprisingly powerfull. downside was the cardboard and granny trolley .. but had loads of comments from random people lovin it Big smile

oh, managed to get a (informal) caution from the police as well after they got pissed off with me playing it outside the local station, turns out they dont like 16bit :(. 

- admittedly it was one of the worse songs to blast out to them :)
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 4:40pm
i just received my class d monoblock.  its a tiny little thing.  from memphis car audio.

from the booklet it will deliver 500wrms at 2ohm, 250 @ 4ohm, and 125 @ 8ohm.  ill be running at 2ohm to allow the amp to run at its most efficient, but will never be running anywhere near 500w into the woofer.  im then gonna use a 2*100w sure amp for mid/high.

jonbristol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 12:06pm
thanks for the advice guys, gonna wait till the seller gets back to me with more detailed info (battery etc) then prob go for the skytec

cheers

jon
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 11:05pm
i just won a 250wrms @ 4ohm car audio class d amp.  and ordered a sure 2x 100w amp.  gonna rock together and give me some serious output and battery life. 
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 9:42pm
Thumbs Up £15 = SORTED
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>