Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheapest place to get Nero DVD Burner s/w

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheapest place to get Nero DVD Burner s/w
    Posted: 01 April 2009 at 1:23pm
Time has come to remove my "acquired" copy with "acquired cd key", and buy full version from reputable shop. S/w firewall restrained it from accessing net, but security is top priority these days.

Suggestions?
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 3:24pm
May I recommend http://infrarecorder.org/ as a free and open source alternative for windows based on libdvdcss (I believe) perhaps before you drop money on Nero which tbh is bloated as hell these days.

It has worked very well for me, apart from a couple of weird audio formats where it wasn't happy decoding the files but that has been few and far between.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

May I recommend http://infrarecorder.org/ as a free and open source alternative for windows based on libdvdcss (I believe) perhaps before you drop money on Nero which tbh is bloated as hell these days.

Nero is  the most well behaved piece of s/w on my machine these days.

On my x86 box, nero cd/dvd burning functionality is utilised by isobuster, DVD decrypter, DVDFab and DVDshrink, and just works. Version I have installed must be at least 5 years old, and just works with every PC/dvd burner I try it with.

I always selectively install apps, so bloat doesn't bother me.

Was hoping to grap it somewhere for £19.99 or something silly.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 4:26pm
The old versions aren't too bad it's true, but the newer ones are a bit crap.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 7:50pm
Nero 6 Ultimate, the most stable, My key can do updates, got all the add ons. 7/8/9 are bloated beyond reason, even the installer, Fead crap, takes forever. Why do you want to change?
PM if you need a good 6 that can phone home. Just tried it and the update takes me to the store where thay will let me get the, "Latest" version 6 for £6.99. I've installed this on lots of machines, no issues at all.
It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Nero 6 Ultimate, the most stable, My key can do updates, got all the add ons. 7/8/9 are bloated beyond reason, even the installer, Fead crap, takes forever. Why do you want to change?

Yes, a good "6", thats what I need. LOL

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/2005/media/03-08_TriciaHelferAsNumberSix.jpg

Edited by levyte357 - 01 April 2009 at 10:46pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 11:25am
Pffft, why would you guys pay for something that can be had just as well for free with such apps as xpcdburner or infra recorder, I honestly don't get it. They are even more slimmed down too.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Pffft, why would you guys pay for something that can be had just as well for free with such apps as xpcdburner or infra recorder, I honestly don't get it. They are even more slimmed down too.

Sorry mate, but there are certain pieces of PC software that are worth their weight in gold.

E.g,

Windows XP Professional + SP3
Excel
Nero 6 Ultimate
Kaspersky (2009 Net security, also tells you which software you have installed, that has unpatched  vulnerabilities Shocked)

Edited by levyte357 - 02 April 2009 at 1:48pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 7:00pm
The first 2 I can agree with, all legally free for me anyway. But I do not think you can convince me that Nero or Kaspersky are essential.

Edited by odc04r - 02 April 2009 at 7:00pm
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:28pm
http://cdburnerxp.se/ 
 Post Reply Post Reply