Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! DOUBLE HORN 18 DESIGNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!! DOUBLE HORN 18 DESIGNS
    Posted: 06 September 2005 at 5:32pm

im after some double 18'' horn bass bin plans.

.i.e. ev mtl's or cerwin vega sub 218 style,

im gona load them up with PD 186's -im currently running 8 ev t18 with PD 186's and they are monsters!!

Im probably gona use 2 double 18's per side and in some cases 3/4-

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 6:06pm
http://www.selenium.com.br/site2004/downloads/projetos/HB180 5C1_p.pdf

it does not get better than this

Edited by Nexus_3
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 8:04pm

they look the business-

but i was really after something alittle bit more versatile-and compact as i will be using them alot and they just look too damn bulky!!-if im going up a flight of stairs-im buggered-

i do alot of shows for around 600-1000 people in banqueting suites and big halls. so need the power of twin loaded cabs but they gota be compact and easy to move-such as the ev's and cerwin's (1 man job) , if any1 can get hold of the planz for the ev Mtl's or cerwin Sub218-thatz would be very much appreciated!!

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 8:42pm

Why not use 2 1850 horns a side[ easier to carry up stairs] and don't forget each 1850 horn uses 1x 18 inch.

As dual 18 inch horn subs are very large and extremely heavy.

Or if you still want to build dual 18 inch horn sub, heres the plans:[it won't be able to go up flights of stairs though].

http://mitglied.lycos.de/crusher844/

Find Plaene and click it on there, and it's the 2x 18" DB-B2.

Dat is the B2. Fundamental bass. This is not Konstruirter plan like many different, but a 1:1 to the Orginal. The B2 is built and driven out by the company D&b. It is a band-pass filter 6er order (no BP/HORN) the front expanding haven serves only for the pressure adjustment to air. The depth of the loudspeaker is with seitenbrettern 58cm. each interior chamber has approx. 125L. The 3te chamber in the center itself the two 18"er parts has 100L. Alternatiev can be equipped the B2 also with B&C PZB 46. But the rear haven must be 25,5cm long in each case. The RCF L18P300 gets along something similar well with the tuning. The efficiency is constant 102dB 1w1m, the B2 comes however clearly deep and pressure-full as the Mutator. For the enormous pressure the Relatiev large one radiating surface is responsible. The middle haven both chassis divide is approximately 41,5cm long and is forward extended

Edited by ToXiC
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 8:53pm

nah not too keen on that design mate, i had 2x 1850 earlier this year i put a fane 18xb driver in there and --woo hoo i saw sum fireworks

so im not too keen on them, as they killed my beloved fane 18xb's  or was it the crown 3600vz at full whack for 5 hours 

im still looking for that double 18'' design, i like the ''pimp'' styling of the ev and cerwins u just see the big f**k off baskets and magnets! and the whole cab is same size as a scoop, but housing 2 18''s

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 11:38pm

@Insomnia

listen man those selenium double 18s that NEXUS-3 mentioned are awesome there aint nothing like them

ive never heard a better double 18 in my life, i must highly recomend them they do a lot of damage and the bass is 10 out of 10!           trouser flappers at 30 yards

i was over a mile away on a beach when some guy was using 8 double 18s not only could i feel the bass in my chest i could feel it in the floor

angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:57am
The other thing is, I'm sure you can split that Selenium cab up into two units - one driver in each - to make transportation alot easier. Stacking two together should give alomst identical output.
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:22am

hey Guys,

anyone got any pics of the finished Selenium cab?

seth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:52am

Try to PM Marjan M he is using Selenium bass cabinets but with 15' Eminence Kappa pro 15 LF.The cabinet for a 18'  drivers  is  few inches biger.

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:48pm

Quote im after some double 18'' horn bass bin plans..../.....as i will be using them alot and they just look too damn bulky!!-if im going up a flight of stairs-im

Then why use doubles in the first place? Aren't they all kinda bulky??

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:58pm

Then why use doubles in the first place? Aren't they all kinda bulky??

Especially if they're true horns designed to do 50hz or lower and not a bandpass hybrid.

Quote nah not too keen on that design mate, i had 2x 1850 earlier this year i put a fane 18xb driver in there and --woo hoo i saw sum fireworks

Then you shoulda put the right driver in it or used the 186 box instead, thats user error, not the box's fault.

Also the boxes you're talking about (if i'm thinking of the right ones) are not truly horns but micro-scoops or bandpass/manifold hybrids

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:03pm

yes,

the cabs im after are some sort of micro-scoops,  

ive used the Ev Mtl's before - they are effecient enough throughout the hole spectrum but just lack any major power as they are rated at around 800-per cab,

I may try the selenium design after ding some research into it.

cheersClap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>