Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! DOUBLE HORN 18 DESIGNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 7:12pm

the beyma lx60 range are nails, got 4 of the 12's in a pair of dual bp/horn hybrid subs, makes me wanna hear a lab sub for comparrison

would be good fun to knock off a copy of danleys b-deap and bung a pair of them in, i can see why he reakons there is no longer a huge need for 15 & 18 inch drivers. 

if you are set on dual 18's i'd at least try modelling the beyma lx's anyway

...they gave you what?
DJ Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 11:36pm

Hi I have made the Selenium double 18 boxes they are awsome!

They can be viewed on e-bay

I am selling them

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:55am
Originally posted by DJ Dave DJ Dave wrote:

Hi I have made the Selenium double 18 boxes they are awsome!

They can be viewed on e-bay

I am selling them

Are they still for sale ? Please put a link up here so we can check it out.

mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 12:22pm
Can't find anything on ebay..........
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 12:25pm
Ahh....forgot he's in the states.

Item no.

Edited by mans1000
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 1:40am
OK, so anyone here willing to give a quote to build a pair of these beasties ? (wire'd, wheel'd, trimite'd, handle'd and dual speakon'd, of course)..
DJ Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 11:24am
the angles get goofy. they cost me 300.00 us to make plus the drivers 190 each x 4. they are really strong.
Jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:48pm

I see you're selling them seperate from the drivers.  Why?

Jim

DJ Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 3:09pm

I will sell the drivers for 180 each.

I was going to use them for the next project, What ever that may be.

MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

OK, so anyone here willing to give a quote to build a pair of these beasties ? (wire'd, wheel'd, trimite'd, handle'd and dual speakon'd, of course)..

I reckon you would be looking at well over £500 for a pair, not including drivers, built out of birch ply to a professional finish.

Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 10:27am
Originally posted by angus angus wrote:

The other thing is, I'm sure you can split that Selenium cab up into two units - one driver in each - to make transportation alot easier. Stacking two together should give alomst identical output.

Hi angus, need help with the selenium cab designs.  you've said that it can be split into two in order to have one 18's in a single cab.
   What would be the effect if the width will be increased? from the original plans the width is 100 cm, if split in two, 50 cm or 19.6 inches. What would be the effect concerning the quality of sound if i will increase the width to let say 23.6 inches or 60cm while the rest of the measurements remains the same.
   thanks for your help.
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 10:56pm
Hi angus, need help with the selenium cab designs.  you've said that it can be split into two in order to have one 18's in a single cab.
   What would be the effect if the width will be increased? from the original plans the width is 100 cm, if split in two, 50 cm or 19.6 inches. What would be the effect concerning the quality of sound if i will increase the width to let say 23.6 inches or 60cm while the rest of the measurements remains the same.
   thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>