Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtro build-Finished-For SaleĀ£1200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtro build-Finished-For SaleĀ£1200
    Posted: 11 April 2009 at 11:56pm
SUMMARY:

Whilst it took many hours to complete, the xtros were fun to build
They are loaded with B&C -
  15" = 15NW76
   8"  = 8PE21
   Compression = DE500 On TD245 Horn.

Having completed the build and using them, the itch to build something new is kicking in. I can not afford to keep them and buy the drivers for the new project, so these will have to go first.
Full build pictures are in the following thread.

They are listed in the For Sale section at Ā£1200 ovno including VAT.

Price dropped to Ā£1200 - Contact via pm's please.
Cheers
Matt.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starts early Sunday. I will take photos.

Based around Mykeys XT8's.

Looking forward to getting them built, painted and tested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

I made the mistake of spending too much time at work, and not enough on sound stuff to have them set up before arrival at the amp meet.

Have since had a little time to play with them, and I am happy. It goes without saying that the cabs could be demoed, using the same settings as Saul etc. You will not be dissapointed. The settings used on a 2496 will be supplied with the cabs.

My saw finger is getting itchy and wants to start building again. I simply need these cabs to find a new home so that I may have the pleasure of building something else.

Cheers
Matt

Edited by Sinfinity - 21 December 2010 at 2:00pm
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:38pm
i take it you dont want the 18sounds then? I've sent you a fair few messages but no response.

good luck with the build, should be a piece of piss ! ;)
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

i take it you dont want the 18sounds then? I've sent you a fair few messages but no response.

good luck with the build, should be a piece of piss ! ;)

Hi mate, I have received the 8pe21 from you, arrived in great condition, thankyou.
I have checked through my pm's and have received no messages regarding 18 sounds.

I already had all the drivers for the xtro's when I asked you if I could purchase your 8pe21, which I wanted as a spare.

Im sorry if there has been a misunderstanding.

Cheers
Matt.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 7:31pm
Wrong guy, sorry my man!

check ya pm's ;)
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 11:34pm
No problem mate.

Progress report,
Sunday = Making template, rebating sides for two cabinets. Tops, bottoms, backs cut.
Sheets ripped @ 485mm ready for ripping to make internal panels.

Photos up as soon as I can get into photobucket Tongue

Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 1:03am
Getting started Tongue

Board wastage after first three cuts

Jig for making template using 12mm cutter and 30mm collet

Jig for handle

Test fit of 15mm ply

First finished side

Rounding over handle holes

One pair of sides, the other pair are out of shot.

Hopefully more building time tomorrow night.

subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 1:45am
Thumbs Up

Thats looking hella complicated already!
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:09am

Very nice my friend Clap

wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 3:33am
Very good.

I would suggest getting some eye protection.  Hearing protection helps me out a lot in the shop as well.

Edited by wafflesomd - 14 April 2009 at 3:34am
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:42am
subbass:
Was a really fun way of spending Sunday with my Dad. I enjoy working with him and getting a chance to learn from his years of experience.

Riddimkid:
Thankyou Smile

wafflesound:
"Very good."
Thankyou.

"I would suggest getting some eye protection."
We were doing about half the routing each. That's my Dad. I think this is the only time he did not wear goggles and I managed to catch it on camera.

"Hearing protection helps me out a lot in the shop as well."
Soundwise with fresh cutters and quiet router did not seem loud at all. I do hope this does not mean my hearing is already kn@ckered. Confused There are cheap, non induction routers in his collection that really scream, I do find them too loud for comfort and avoid their use or try and get out of the garage. Will take ear plugs with me next time and give them a try.

Edited by Sinfinity - 14 April 2009 at 7:44am
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:15am
looking tidy mattĀ Thumbs Up
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:13pm
Your ears are probably fine.

I'm watching this build, as I want to make some xtros eventually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>