Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtro build-Finished-For Sale£1200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 1:25am
Day 2 of build

Wanted a hole in the brace, but did not have a large enough bit, so used the lathe instead.
By listening to the change in sound it is possible to stop the cut before breaking through. Smile

Leaving a nice hole ready to be rounded over

Smaller parts assembled on bench

Forming inside of angled handle, just thought it would look neater than square and could not think that it would damage the sound

After seeing CSG's neat way of mounting speakers thought that I would give it a go.

Will put more information up as soon as I get a chance.

Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 1:59am
VERY impressive build pic quality, i like the neat & tidy workshop says alot about the builder for a start. Love the lathe cutout method old school style. I'm sure those cabs would lok and sound awesome be creative don't just cover them with black paint it will hide all the quality workmanship
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:21am
Christ, i,m really jealous of all the tools you,ve got at hand !
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:34pm
I am fortunate to have a Dad that still enjoys woodwork after spending years as a builder / joiner.
Each time I work with him I learn something Smile

He has build up the tools over many years. I am confident with most of them, just dont have the years experience that he has got.

philipbeyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipbeyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:08pm
wow amazing building skills and  awesome tools ,good job Tongue
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 3:35pm
Wow, this build is looking superb Clap
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 4:29pm
lovin your workshop... awsome build man keep up the good work
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 5:27pm
Looks very nice indeed. I see you use the same position and shape of the handles we used in our MKII prototypes.

Which 15" and 1" are you going to use? I assume you use B&C 8" PE21 for Mykey XT8 horn?

Best regards,

Walt
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 6:27pm

now that looks like how a diy xtro build should be done! :]

fair play there, your system is gonna be quite tastey indeed!

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Contour Contour wrote:

Looks very nice indeed. I see you use the same position and shape of the handles we used in our MKII prototypes.

Which 15" and 1" are you going to use? I assume you use B&C 8" PE21 for Mykey XT8 horn?

Best regards,

Walt

Thanks for the design Walt, looking forward to hearing them running.

Drivers as follows:
1" = B&C DE500 on TD245 horn
8" = B&C PE21 + Mykeys horn
15" = B&C 15NW76

Hopefully get more time to build this Sunday.

Thanks for the compliments to everyone else that has posted.

Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:19pm
yeah looking good. 

has that table saw of yours got running gear on it? good to see youve cut the holes in the baffle before building the cab - the insomnia ones have skewed holes for the driver to sit on and i dont see it happening! LOL
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:32pm
running gear, you mean like Nike or Addidas ?

One small table, but no good for a 8 foot sheet at which point I become the sliding table extension Smile

Was really useful to have an accurate fence to work with for making repeat cuts and ripping ply for internals to 485mm.

Edited by Sinfinity - 18 April 2009 at 12:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>