Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtro build-Finished-For SaleĀ£1200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 1:53pm
Hi Saul, I promise I will slam my head into the desk as a reminder to send your feet Smile. My apologies, stupidly busy at work hence no finished photos yet.
I have taken some over the last couple of days, just not had a chance to upload yet.

Feet imminently,
Photos shortly.

Cheers
Matt

Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
SimonNOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonNOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 4:56pm
I have been drawing up an X-tro in Autodesk Inventor and have discovered a problem when loading with B&C 15NW76's. Im off work at the mo so unable to access the drawings but will post up some shots showing the issues when I can.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:01pm
door/access issues for the 15's?
djfaceatl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djfaceatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:03pm
I am in awe of your tools alone.Ā 
Not to mention, the build is coming along great
Behind me is infinite power.
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity.
Why should I fear?
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 7:05pm
Im well impressed!
SimonNOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonNOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 7:31pm
I know I said I'd post a pic but I thought I'd try and explain the gist of it as I'm not back at work 'till next week.

The issue I have discovered is that due to the 15NW76 having a larger overall mounting diameter the edge of the upper driver will foul on the horizontal panel at the bottom of the top baffle. I initially tried moving this panel down so it connects to the bottom of the upper baffle rather than the left of it. This doesn't work though as the lower drivers spider then fouls it instead. My solution was to simply lengthen the top baffle slightly and keep the horizontal panel to the left of it, just lowering it slightly.

I hope that makes sense. I'm sure a pic would make it simple to see.

Not gonna help you out since you've already started building tho' I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Simon

Edited by SimonNOS - 22 April 2009 at 7:34pm
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 1:18am
SimonNOS, thanks for the heads up, will modify can as necessary to get drivers in Tongue

In the meantime a little more building, hence more pics.

Day 3 follows:

T nuts a little too large to fit in 15mm aperture created by handle so a little fettling was required Smile

Next chance for work probably Monday night, will be filling, painting etc. More shots soon.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 5:06am
tell your dad he don't need all those drills and could he send me one?

why don't you paint the phase bung a lighter colour?

this is just showing offClap would have done 2 speakons chassis though 

Edited by mykey - 25 April 2009 at 5:07am
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 8:33pm

awesome!

fair play

hmmmmmmmm this is gonna be a nice system!!!!

M

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 8:59pm
whatever camera your using must be good, cos in that photo the bench grinder doesnt even look like its spinning! mega quick exposure
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 8:59pm
Mykey, we need to keep the drills, just makes everything really easy when you dont have to bother swapping drill bits, drivers etc.

We used the connectors I had available. Already made a couple of leads using 8core 4mm. That is one job that I dont find much fun in.

I had not thought of the different colour for the phase bung, I will have to give it some consideration.
Any particular type of paint you would recommend for painting you bung ?
( just re-read the above, thought it sounded bad, and decided to leave it there anyway LOL )

edit: speeeeling

Edited by Sinfinity - 25 April 2009 at 9:00pm
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 9:01pm
Awesome build.

That is one hell of a nice workshop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>