Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 madness
    Posted: 14 May 2013 at 3:29am
I'm assuming this never happened? :(
Make it loud!
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Graeme J Graeme J wrote:

i wouldnt suggest buying a generator just for one event either, thats what rental gear is fori would want to talk to someone in the know about powering large rigs with multiple gennysh before i went ahead with this idea. im sure there are people on here that will know about it

Basically for the best results use one phase for sound only off a 3 phase genny to avoid the difference in alternating voltage. basically you get 3 peaks per cycle. Ideally if lights are used have them on a separate generator or separate phase, BUT biggy here.... ALWAYS try and balance the phases on a 3 phase generator to avoid too much current flowing in the neutral conductor. ideally all 3 phases balanced exactly then in theory (dont hold me responsible though) there should be no current in the neutral conductor!!!

I'd recomend a small petrol genny for lighting, and a larger single phase genny diesel (as they handle bass a lot better!!!!) for amps and other sound kit!
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

I get frustrated.. I suggest linkups to loads of people... most of the time I on't even get a reply... BORING!

I think it's the fact that people don't know me.. therefor are cautious... I probably would be too thinking about it.. damn annoying tho.

I think once Florian (giveortake) gets his done... we will join forces and there WILL be a silly HD15 linkup somewhere in the south... shame nobody else wants to play.

working on getting rupe's 2 hd 215's ready for a proper outing, re doing the curved horns and adding bracing. Then count backlash in, and probably Totem sound system too no doubt!
Death_blooms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Death_blooms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Jhodas Jhodas wrote:

Multiple genny's methinks. Less you want a truck mounted one.

those big yellow beasts at trafficlights
dowla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dowla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:02am
I'll start a new thread, don't want to offtopic this one...
feel...
    ...the sound
Dunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:50am
Sorry, just read your post again and see you ave a 15", look around the forum there are some good plans for 15", lik the classic fane scoop and the w-bin.
Dunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:45am
Bass coming from horns sounds different to reflex boxes.  Perhaps try to find a horn that can do a wider range, the HD15 is really for the kick drum region.  Perhaps one of the horn plans on the homepage of tis siite would be good?
dowla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dowla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 9:53pm
Reflex or bandpass?

Can I get some plans for sub with kappa? I searched all web, but I get only horn plans...

Sorry 4 offtopic! Cheers

feel...
    ...the sound
dj-holocaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-holocaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 7:35pm
Be better to make a sub mate.

You need hd15's in stack of a mimimum of four they won't go as low as a reflex cab either so for a small set up a reflex cab would be better.
dowla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dowla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 6:51pm
Hello!
Just a quick question...
Is it worth making just a pair of HD15 and use it with my 3-way 300w speakers? Should I expect deep and loud bass from just one HD15 per side or it’s better decision to make a sub instead horn cabinet for my Eminence Kappa 15 pro which is my best buy at the moment? I’m having small parties in backyard during summerdays...
Thank U!

feel...
    ...the sound
jamie1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:22pm
used to have 16 running challenger 15s along side 8 x1 s proved to be quite interesting Smile where and when are you guys planning this for and what are you planning for  low end cabs and power supply 3 phase required me thinks
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:09am
We rented a 40k generator from ipswich for around £140 for two days - although that was due to a cock up on their part  Smile 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>