Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 1:10pm
I agree.. venue is THE hardest thing to sort.

I would imagine 24+ HD15s would be audiable a fair few miles away.. unless contaned within a well built building... which is a very hard thing to find... would have to be a good size too... then you have to start think.. how many people will turn up?!?!... it's hard chukin big parties thease days... (unless you just go for it and resign yourself to having kit confiscated...wentwood etc.. which I ain't).

I have decks / CDJs / Mixer / AVC2... everything needed.. and transport is just a phone call away...
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 7:50pm
how much genny power is gonna be needed. [i gues how many hds, and other boxes are going to be used lol]

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 8:07pm
Multiple genny's methinks. Less you want a truck mounted one.
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 8:10pm
I think you need to make it more appealing, tie it in with a euro-tek which is probably the only place you will ever get to drive such system hard for any length of time.  Get creative.. lateral thinking needed, look for industry sponsorship.. Make it happen. 

bs8901 compliant
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 9:10pm
I will gladly add my 12hd15 in there, but it's true that such an event requires a lot of preparation.

I like the fact that many of us are interrested in it, and I do think that with 
-a bit of time (mine won't be pd loaded and matrix powered 
before  summer... )
-and the advices and experiences from speakerplans members
we can make it .

Furthermore, there are many interresting technical aspects and knowledge to learn from such a project.(power alley effect, where to stack the different boxes (pd154,Kappa), measured response..etc

Did any speakerplans event ever happened? (apart the clash and shoutouts).

Are we all silly enough about sound to make this happen?

Edited by GIVEorTAKE - 28 November 2007 at 9:13pm
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 11:35am
I'm silly enough!!

With regard to the technical aspects of doing something like this...

I think putting everything (24+ HDs) into one pile would be a mistake... 2 stacks of 12 would be my preffered option. (less risk to drivers, as I have read that very large stacks can put the drivers in the middle (or was it the edge) at risk).

Gennys... hmmm... I have access to a 8kva trailer mounted diesel jobbie... would probably need multiples... what do you do with setups like that? all ground at one point?
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 12:52pm
Glad to hear it !

so far:
24HD15
6 boke MA912

Graeme J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

I'm silly enough!!

With regard to the technical aspects of doing something like this...

I think putting everything (24+ HDs) into one pile would be a mistake... 2 stacks of 12 would be my preffered option. (less risk to drivers, as I have read that very large stacks can put the drivers in the middle (or was it the edge) at risk).

Gennys... hmmm... I have access to a 8kva trailer mounted diesel jobbie... would probably need multiples... what do you do with setups like that? all ground at one point?

im pretty sure you would need one generator to power everything, linking them can be Very dangerous
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 12:01am
i dont think he meant linking gennys i think he meant seperate gennys for seperate racks.....
i doubt youd find a single genny that would run that lot unless you wanted to buy a beast just for the one event, doubt it!
Graeme J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:31am
i wouldnt suggest buying a generator just for one event either, thats what rental gear is for

i would want to talk to someone in the know about powering large rigs with multiple gennysh before i went ahead with this idea. im sure there are people on here that will know about it
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:38am
definetly not something id just turn up and do without planning yes totaly agreed.
im still thinking though that a rig with 50+ hd15s plus associated mid tops and sub would require what at least 50kw of ampage behind it????????
id gues at 30 +kw just for the hds, renting a genny of that power would be expensive??????
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Markk James Markk James wrote:

renting a genny of that power would be expensive??????

...not if you have a contact who works for HSS Wink  LOL

ps- Im planning on building some more over the next few months, as have sold all the old ones, and no longer have access to the few i used to borrow on the regular....
Will keep you posted as/when i get it togeather....

Peas,
C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>