Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Driver Sims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:35pm
PD.1550 SIMS Please!
How will it play in this box?
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:21am
Should be stonking!!!
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:40pm
RCF MB15N401, can you simulate, please?
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 11:20pm
hi, just wondering if you could do a sim for the:-

Beyma 15p80nd

thanks in advance :o)
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
vzummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vzummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 1:53am

Would be grateful if someone sims these B&C drivers, while I'm trying to learn Hornresp myself Wink

SPL responce, Excursion, comments...

15NA100

http://www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=161

15PL100

http://www.bcspeakers.com/PDF/PRD/15PL100.pdf

AND, can anyone tell me how flat is HD15's response by ear? If given a sweep approx. 80-170 Hz. Unfortunately I don't have an opportunity to hear it in my homeland. Is there always 100-120 Hz bump? Which T-S params to bear in mind for more plain response?

Thanks a lot in advance, awaiting for help.

Pirlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 12:20am
HD15 is a "kick"-horn, so ya want the "boom" at ~120Hz, that's why it's a kick-horn! Wink
Just use ya eq. to "change" the frequences as ya want.
Who the fu&k is Mr. Phanton, and why he has so much power!?
B.A.M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.A.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 1:53pm
What would be the responce of the HD215? Same as HD15 or extended?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:15pm
Still no 
PD.1550 SIMS Please!
How will it play in this box?
-somebody removed it from the list!
why?
-because it's stonking?
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 3:27pm

from what i remember of the 1550 sim was that it was only about 1-2db higher than pd154, and most of the debates i have seen about comparing the two drivers, most people said that in their opinion it wasn't worth roughly double the cost, 2 hd15's loaded with 154's coupled up would obviously be better but obviously twice as big and heavy, and you have the cost of building an extra cab.

I was having a conversation with someone just a few days ago about driver choice and high sensativity v's high power handling and xmax which is usually associated with lower sensativity, and also we discussed how now-days wattages are just going up and up to achieve the same end spl. He asked me again which drivers I thought were better, and I said in my opinion it often comes down to how big your van is and how big an audience you want to do, If you have a truck, use a larger number of bigger high sensativity cabs, if you only have a transit van (short wheel base) and need to do an audience of maby 1000 ish then go for a smaller number of cabinates with the new breed of drivers often handling about 1500w each cost after all modern amps are cheap, small and lightweight compared to carrying the extra cabs
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:38pm
They're not that expensive though it's £20 more a driver, not exactly double the cost, they sound very well too! -We use them in hd15 & tms-2
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:48pm
Yes, actually it does seem to be the case that very suddenly the price of the 1550 has dropped a lot! maby due to the new 1551 coming out? :s going back a few months it was the general consensus of opinion that it wasn't worth the extra cash, but I guess now it can be easily enuff justified. I seem to remember the 1550 is a little bit lighter, which should make moving them a bit more pleasant too :D
tehmalakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehmalakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 12:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>