Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xtros vs Turbo TMS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:56pm
LOLhaha - just thought - so the club owner would have chosen this over say 4x X1, 4x HD15, 2x MT121. 

shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:39am
What i find strange is that a lot of the gigs i go to where there's an artist & band live on stage is that there are no badges on the cabs, & some of them look distinctly "home made" but the sound quality is up there with the name brands. So i think it's a bit of snobbery on the behalf of the venue manager.
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:56am
Make your own brand?

whack some grills on that badboy and slap on your 'own' brand .. they'll never know Tongue
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 8:24pm
yeah too right, thats what i'm doing on my cabs now. routed logos in the side and some alluminium badges on the grilles. 
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 8:42pm
I might just give that a go, get a badge stamped with a capital  it & when they ask what make cabs are those mate i'll say a word that starts with the letter. DB = Dogs B-llocks ! Smile
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Lawaaiige buur Lawaaiige buur wrote:

Yep. I won't say our rig is more brutal as a turbo rig, but certainly not less. But if u don't put proper drivers in and amps on a diy set, this will never work.

I just got 2 camco vortex 6 amps for my 4 xtros and 8 hd15s but i havent tried them yet, but i think then i can say my rig kicks a turbosound rigs ass :)

Do you not find the 15inch section of the X-tro covers pretty much the same freq band as an HD? Would've though it was a case of either/or rather than both. What do you run them at, if you don't mind me asking?
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
Lawaaiige buur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawaaiige buur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

Yep. I won't say our rig is more brutal as a turbo rig, but certainly not less. But if u don't put proper drivers in and amps on a diy set, this will never work.

I just got 2 camco vortex 6 amps for my 4 xtros and 8 hd15s but i havent tried them yet, but i think then i can say my rig kicks a turbosound rigs ass :)

Do you not find the 15inch section of the X-tro covers pretty much the same freq band as an HD? Would've though it was a case of either/or rather than both. What do you run them at, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, well i never really had a decent amp to power the xtro's bass section, that's why i build some hd's for under it. Now i have the 2 vortex 6's and i use them on the hd's from 90hz to 160hz, then the xtro's from 160hz to 300hz. Gives a really deep and powerfull kickbass :)

But without the hd15's the rig sounds very well too, only it misses some height.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 1:10am

Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

Yes, well i never really had a decent amp to power the xtro's bass section, that's why i build some hd's for under it. Now i have the 2 vortex 6's and i use them on the hd's from 90hz to 160hz, then the xtro's from 160hz to 300hz. Gives a really deep and powerfull kickbass :)

But without the hd15's the rig sounds very well too, only it misses some height.

cool. personally I would think that only running the x-tros from 160 up is not using them to their full potential. each to their own but having run both hd's and x-tros in different rigs, i would stick to just using the 15inch section of the x-tro from 100 up.
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
Lawaaiige buur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawaaiige buur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 10:51pm

The xtros do very well on their own and don't really need the hd15's, but the hd15's only go up to +/- 180hz, while the xtro's are still nice at 300hz. Because we play tekno/hardcore mostly, the rig is ok with both the speakers. For live music it has a little too much midbass.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123