Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 11:50pm
will the B&C 18NBX100 work good in this cabinet
SpeakerFreaker0181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerFreaker0181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 6:19pm
Somehow my es18bph cabinets make a rambling sound when I turn up the volume. I am trying to figure out what causes this rambling sound. I already put extra screws in some places in order to try to resolve my problem but I still haven't been able to resolve the issue.

Can anybody give me some advice on how to fix this? 

Would love to not have this rambling sound.

I have 4 ES18BPH cabs loaded with PD186 powered by a Crown Macrotech 3600vz and a Xilixa xp4080 for processing. 
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 6:51pm
So you're having identical issues with all 4 es18 and both hogs??

Obviously it's possible you're just a shoddy builder (and if your builds are shoddy you probably know it), but as you say you're experiencing the problem universally there may be some other fault in the chain, so make sure to examine each stage carefully, including drivers, amps, processing, progrsam material cables and test environment. Replace every stage one by one with a control if you can.

How good are your cuts? Any air gaps in the joins? Any visibly uneven joins in critical places?
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 11:28pm
Whats your hpf and lpf set at?
Hz so good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hz so good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by wangbag wangbag wrote:

when people are making es-218's does it not use far more wood and waste a lot of offcuts as you have to cut 2 side panels that are 750x1340?? surely then your left with a L shaped strip of wood 470x1340 at the top which is useless for anything in that cab design, and a fatter bit measuring 1100 x 1220 which you can't even get another side panel out of....

how do people get around this? and please don't say build single es18...
sorry to bring this back up, I've just built a prototype of a double es18, purely for getting the hang of cutting angled cuts on wide board, I've built it 720mm wide x 1450mm long x 500mm deep internally, so from an 8x4 sheet 2440mm x 1220mm, request 500mm off the full length of the board so it's now only 720 wide, then 500 again twice off the biggest piece, you sould be left with a board 720 x 1450, then 500 x 1450 and 500 x 720, if you get two boards done like this you've got top bottom, sides and rear panel done for you, all that's left is to cut the flare boards to size angle them cut out the diameter of the driver inside cut the access panels to size from the sides and batten and brace it, the original plans say it's 670 wide so double is 1340, that's now 1450 and the original depth is 600 that's now 500 internally 536mm externally, so where I've taken 100mm I've given back the other way not sure if this will affect the performance given the cubic volume isn't altering that much, may be some one could advise, 

thanks in advance 

but any way you can get one double es18 cab from 2 boards, 

Just realised this thread is almost a decade old!!!  

SpeakerFreaker0181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerFreaker0181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 6:46pm
I managed to fix this a while back. It turned out that the cause was that I only used 4 screws for the access panel F, one in each corner. Obviously this wasn't enough to hold the pressure my PD186's are creating... I added about 16 screws or so, rattling was gone. Big relief. 

They sound sweet now!

As for the hogs, I removed the top panel and glued all of the joints on the inside. Should have done that before, lesson learned. I also added screws at the joints on the inside. After putting back the top panel the rattling sound was fixed as well for the hogs. BIG relief. 

This were my first bandpass horn and scoop builds, before I only built 3 bass reflex boxes. 

These subs sound awesome! Especially the hogs, they are brutal :) 

Thanks for the advice!
It's all about the bass!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 7:55pm
Yes speakerboxes needs to be REALLY well glued & screwed.
All good builts are made with dadoes / routed out recessed joints ...
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 7:57pm
Great to hear it, and thanks for posting the update. Next time someone comes with the same problem hopefully we'll be better placed to advise.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 11:06am
Sorry, wrong thread :-(

Edited by tv00 - 08 January 2018 at 11:06am
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 11:26am
Just noticed the ES stands for Ercegovic Stipe Big smile
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 10:34am
Thinking of building 6-8 of these for psytrance outdoor parties. Looks much like turbosound tsw bandpass horns, so might just be good enough as a stand alone bass horns when stacked. 

I really need very loud chest thumping bass for our parties - but not being too heavy system. Any other options?  

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 11:28am
You definitely want a proper sub under them for psytrance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435>