Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 12:26pm
i cut es18 (pd 186 loaded) @ 160 hz  and sounds very good. Next time i will'try @ 180 hz and @ 200 hz. Maybe 220 is too much..Question

Edited by thepastor - 30 October 2010 at 12:27pm
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 12:48pm

[/QUOTE]because they might be mentalist's?
[/QUOTE]

http://www.imdb.com/video/cbs/vi1104938777/
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

nice one Francis.

we have been thinking about putting PD1850s in the ES18's - what do you think? 

Don´t do that it´l be a waste of a good driver stick the 186 get a good amp you´l never buy F1 218 , they sound just as good if not better ,

another driver that would be good is the
fane collossus
18-1000

Originally posted by guillaume03 guillaume03 wrote:

and what about fane 18b600? does it fit in the es18 bph or is it necessary to modify the cab?
Originally posted by thepastor thepastor wrote:

I just can say that i'm very happy with pd186 inside. For me is strongly advisable. Very powerful and clean kick binz.

As amazing as the PD186 sound in this cab will the Fane Collossus 18-1000 sound just as good or better ? as it's meant to take more power (hopefully without breaking up in sound when driven hard)

Asking as too many blown PD186's about!

Turbomax drivers won't fit in a standard ES18-BPH will they?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 2:32pm
Been running them for 1year now no186 blown , the fane collossus 18-1000,I would say would be nice for live music 4 Es218 per side drive them with a good amp , they sound great.
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 2:34pm
i reckon turbomax would fit, they're quite spacious in the chamber.  

i would be surprised if people are blowing 186's in this box being used as a kick bin. 

neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by S DeXter S DeXter wrote:

Originally posted by neilpoints neilpoints wrote:

I like these with PD1850 x-over at 80z with LABs.
I need to hear them with PD186, but I think the hardness and speed of the 1850s works with the LABs, but you lose the higher end of their range. I x-over about 220Hz.

Do they reach 220Hz OK? I'd have thought they might sound a bit kack up there....? But i can always be wrong....

Yeah they start to sound a bit shite somewhere over 200. Couldn't tell you exactly cos its all set up by ear.
I've modified the throat to try to make the high-end sweeter. Tricky to draw though... bits of wood at funny angles... I'll try to post a picture up here.
former Eurovision contestant
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 2:36pm
theyre a bandpass horn with a big turn in the path, so they wont play very high unfortunately with out honking at you 

Edited by Saul - 30 October 2010 at 2:36pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 3:44pm
It eases the air flow instead of wasting energy in corners, and it braces the baffle.
The rear chamber is bigger and the front chamber smaller, so you can adjust volumes using a thick gasket under the driver.

I haven't heard many other ES18 to compare with, but I've added braces like these to many BPHs and usually the improvement is noticeable, especially the high end of their range.

Edited by neilpoints - 30 October 2010 at 5:06pm
S DeXter View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S DeXter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 6:59pm
I'm lost with those drawings a pic would be nice... ! :)

FK1 manage to get a 12" BPH up to 400Hz with a big bend in the horn...
Enjoy your self...... It's later than you think.......
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 7:26pm

With the aid of a huge phase plug
Symmetry Soundsystem
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 7:38pm

It's really hard to draw. I'll take a photo next time I've got one opened up, could be a while!

It might help if I describe it..... the triangles fit in the corners of the front chamber..... imagine how a triangle fits in the corner of any box..... the small holes in the corners of the baffle join the rear chamber to the new tetrahedron shapes in the corners of the front chamber. :/

Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 7:53pm

Symmetry Soundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>