Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

line array projects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 1:56am
There is a new kid on the block who just proved that he belongs.MusicXtra that system looks killer.  I wish that I could hear it.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
chowlu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chowlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 7:01am
very impressiveThumbs Up
"adapt or die"
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 6:09pm

very very nice build, one of the first line array builds i have seen on this forum! whats the output of each cabinet?

MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 6:44pm
Tnx for all the complimentsEmbarrassed.
The maximum output is +/- 127 dB for a single cabinet.
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:34pm
Got to congratulate you on what is an excellent build, i think we''ll like some more detailed info thou.
Could be an inspiration to us all.
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
coyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 12:54am
   Very nice work!

Do both low/mid drivers run up to the 1" xover?   If so, I would expect some midrange interference in the horizontal plane.

Any profile pics of the HF throat?   
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 2:39am
holy sh*t i am floored by your work
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:26am
Originally posted by coyote coyote wrote:

Very nice work!

Do both low/mid drivers run up to the 1" xover?   If so, I would expect some midrange interference in the horizontal plane.

Any profile pics of the HF throat?   

Both mid drivers run up to 1 kHz, but the interference is no problem for the sound.
I don't have pics of the HF throat, that's my secretWink.
coyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 1:49pm
The drivers physical spacing and freq bandwith would cause problems for me...
Been there, done that...  I saw/heard better results and wider bandwith with a longer low/mid array which used the same number of drivers.  HF line does NOT have to be as long as the entire array.
My LA system was very difficult to array and is currently dismantled.  It was used at a large outdoor venue about six times with good results.
I may re-use the drivers in PS boxes this time unless I can come up with a safe, simple hardware design to fly a vertical line. 

However, I will say your rigging hardware is spectacular.   

MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 6:18pm
My line array is not a line source array, therefore the cabinets needs a vertical dispertion of 5 degrees and my system has 15 degrees.
But, for my gigs that's perfect because I didn't need a longthrow (up to 50 metres) system.
Now I can use it from two cabinets per side for small venues and up to 6 (max 12 with a safety factor >10 for the rigging) for bigger venues.
The rigging hardware cost me lots of sleepless nights but the result is a very easy working rigging.
Now I'm thinking of a new version intergrated in the cabinet because with this version the brackets are separate from the cabinets and that is not perfect enough for me.Confused
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 1:22am
Originally posted by MusicXtra MusicXtra wrote:

Both mid drivers run up to 1 kHz, but the interference is no problem for the sound.

Trouble is that the distance between the outside edges of the mid drivers will be some 400mm, which will cause lots of interference and lobing in the horizontal plane, with the result that the horizontal dispersion will narrow considerably in the upper midrange up to the crossover point.  Boxes that use this configuration usually cross one driver out as the frequency rises so that only one mid driver is operating at the HF crossover point - even this will result in an asymmetrical dispersion at the crossover frequency.
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Centauri Centauri wrote:

Originally posted by MusicXtra MusicXtra wrote:

Trouble is that the distance between the outside edges of the mid drivers will be some 400mm, which will cause lots of interference and lobing in the horizontal plane, with the result that the horizontal dispersion will narrow considerably in the upper midrange up to the crossover point.  Boxes that use this configuration usually cross one driver out as the frequency rises so that only one mid driver is operating at the HF crossover point - even this will result in an asymmetrical dispersion at the crossover frequency.

I know what you mean and I'm familiar with this but I measured a lot on this system, also with different cross-over points for both mid drivers. There was no difference in dispersion on different frequenties.
I only needed less correction with the EQ in the DSP, in this 2 way configuration I need a low shelve for about 4 dB on 400 Hz. All the measurements and the sound where the same in the different configurations so making a three way system of it don't give me any advantage.
Don't forget that both middrivers are placed in a short 120 degrees horn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>