Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xtro style single kick bin...advice...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 10:59pm
I will keep u posted dont worry. Smile

Yes the WN15S looks really good on the sims, similar to SN15MB that  also has a very flat responce and also a bit louder in this design. Though that makes me wonder...are P.audio drivers really the perfect choice for hornloading or could  it be true that specs stated on the datasheet are a bit off from real values. I'm saying this cause I have tried quite a few different drivers in hornresp for this design from, B&C,BMS, BEYMA, and RCF and none of them have such a flat responce. Any thoughts...?

Edited by illex - 11 June 2009 at 11:02pm
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by illex illex wrote:

I will keep u posted dont worry. Smile

Yes the WN15S looks really good on the sims, similar to SN15MB that  also has a very flat responce and also a bit louder in this design. Though that makes me wonder...are P.audio drivers really the perfect choice for hornloading or could  it be true that specs stated on the datasheet are a bit off from real values. I'm saying this cause I have tried quite a few different drivers in hornresp for this design from, B&C,BMS, BEYMA, and RCF and none of them have such a flat responce. Any thoughts...?

That's something to think of! But the finest response in HR does not mean that your ears finds this the best driver....

Only an A + B test with different drivers can really decide the loudest and best sounding one. And then your friends doesn't think the same so it's tricky...Confused
drivebycar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drivebycar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 11:09am
Has there been any further progress on this?
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 12:12pm
we loaded a pair of modified Xtro's with WN15 and they were stupid loud
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 2:44pm
Sorry guys, i am a bit buisy with other sh*t lately. Though I have managed to cut the wood up an join the cab together with biscuits. Soon will be glued n screwd and ready for testing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drivebycar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 2:47pm
Looks good so far!
Edward James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:22am
yup looks good it is bass bin??? what freq. covered???
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 8:22am
Thx. It's a kickbin based on the 15" section of the xtro. So two of them are ment to be playing from 90hz-330hz.
Edward James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:18am
nice kick bin it can be played at low mid???
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:32am
Very nice Clap Clap Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drivebycar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 10:17am
Have you built and tested them yet?
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 10:23am
No, not yet. Confused Still being really tied up with other sh*t. Soooooon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>