Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xtro style single kick bin...advice...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 3:08pm
Id say A, the throat is the narrowest section. anything in front of that is horn, anything behind is front chamber.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 8:44pm
Actualy i had the same pland but. To build kickbins above punisher and i was looking at the fane/martin Horn. I know its old wood but i think it might do the trick. ????
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:07pm
Finally!!! Smile
I found some spare time to finish the build last month(still no sanding and painting though) and I am quite happy about it. The bins have been out on 3 events and everybody was quite pleased with the results including myself. As i said i havent heard many kick bins but to me they produce the result i was hoping for. Plenty of "in your face" kick without the dominating "woody" horn sound. Still no proper measurments though.

darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:46pm
Really interested in this project as I'll be doing something kinda similar so thanks for the updates.

It's not that your measurements are crap, it's because they're showing the frequency response of the cab, rather than the power response of the horn ;)

In horn response, after generating the SPL response, go to 'tools > directivity' and input an angle of 0 degrees. This should give the extra HF that you see on your measurements.
harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 2:39pm
I am looking to do THE Same any details availeble?
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 10:07am
If by details u mean plans, here's the latest one. If u need any further details let me know.

harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 12:59pm
Sorry but i think i need glasses. It impossible for me to read the dimensions. Is it possible to make it bigger?
Chrise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 1:04pm
Nice work!
The plan you have postet are really small, can you upload it bigger?

Do you think its enough to fill the deadspace in the cab with polyurethane foam?
Why do you have some kind of quarter there!??

Edited by Chrise - 25 November 2009 at 1:05pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 1:52pm
I didn't have bad eye's, but now I do
illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 9:56am
Sorry about the text size, I'll do a more readable friendly version soon.  Though if you download the picture and zoom in a bit the numbers are clearly visible.
And yes the empty space was indeed filled with pu foam. The rectangle there is for the routed handles, though i must admit not a very practical place for handles, but had to take advantage of that empty space somehow. Anyway the cab is very managable, could even do without handles. Not very light though with the 18mm ply. I can lift it on my own ,but I guess i need more exercise Dead. But I really like the fact that they are so small, if i had made the xtro as it is i would definetly have transport problems cause I dont have a big van. Three of them plus one of my mid tops fit in a fiat uno!!!

illex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 11:41am
Here they are, hope they're readable enough.

LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 8:11pm
This cab looks great!
how much did your cab weight illex? loaded?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>