Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff from the early days!!! - Roger Squires.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 6:26pm
Ok,here is part 2 of the Squires brochure...enjoy!

Hope you all enjoyed that lot!
Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:01pm
This thread is bringing back sooooooo many memories. My FAL Ranger and Squire Disco 80 speakers, I've still got 4 of the FAL 'Decor' boxes that I use whenever I do any 70's based shows, that was followed by a Stereo Popular, then a Hawaii IV, then an Isis and then I got all professional on my badself and moved on to Technics! But the main memory is the effects wheels for the Solar 250's. I remember as a 11 year old going to a local hall on a Saturday afternoon for the 'Under 16's Disco' and watching the effect go around on the back wall. And waiting for the naked lady who was showing her boobies. So rude. But great when you're 11!!! (Even if you didn't know what boobies were for... the wife'll probably tell you I still don't!).
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:34pm
cheers jbl_man though it was well before my time i do love this old stuff, tis the only kind of thing i could ever see myself collecting one day, if you lot haven't bagged it all first that is :)
I dimly recall early 90's Primary school discos and seeing the big light boxes and presumably some kind of vintage sound system though no details have survived the intervening years. that would be the closest i've got to it i reckon
Interestingly, later teenage functions were often soundtracked by "that 70's disco bloke" whose name i never discovered but whose selection of tunes was extremely retro - Come On Eileen and Mustang Sally stick in my mind, Though we knew of the modern house/trance/garage scenes that were big then and could probably have got bedroom DJ's with those records if we wanted, even in depths of Cumbria, the middle aged man with the box of good ole 45s nearly always got booked. Must have been to 10 different peoples 18th parties and seen same guy. Did Karaeoke as well if you wanted, but he had rubbish active Mackie speakers though as I recall :( bet his old set was still in his garage.......
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 1:59pm
A couple of Squires adds..the first one is funny nowdays in hindsight!

Be seeing you.
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 11:23pm
Same here Studio 45. JBL MAN , got to come to your crib one of these days !
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 10:49am
Carrying-on the retro theme..here are a few nice colour brochures...
FAL.

Pulsar light,from 1978....

And Pulsar from 1980.
Be seeing you.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:47pm
Love the 30p per item postage rate.  Wow, loads of memories there.
music is the message
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 3:35pm
check these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUNDMASTER-TWIN-RECORD-DECKS_W0QQitemZ300333083029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item45ed3f2995&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITRONIC-HAWAII-MK-IV-PERFOMER-TWIN-DECKS_W0QQitemZ300334082156QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables?hash=item45ed4e686c&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14
music is the message
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 4:47pm
[
Loving the VU meters on the Citronic SM 607. 
[/QUOTE]
The 607 was a real gem and to be really truthfull i only bought it for the meters lol the sound quality came later and it was a great bit of kit at the time, I later modified it with a citronic sm450 (another great mixer) crossfade! 

Hi
I just found a SM607 on ebay got it for about £30 Had one years ago that came out of a club everything on it was worn out but sent it back to Citronic in Melksham around 1982 time and they did not charge for a total overhaul  new sliders etc  I guess this equipment is still around if you look hard enough
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:15pm
Oh wow - I somehow(?), accidentally, stunbled across this forum through a link from ebay, and am absolutlely chuffed!, my saturday evening was spent in a flashback emotional mode.......

There was me meandering through life thinking my secret stash of 'history' ancient Squire catalogues (oh the hours I spent wandering the Squire 'house' in North London), TK Discosound, Pulsar (again, wandering about Cerebrum Lighting in SW London), Citronic, Newnam audio, FAL, Optikinetics, Fane and many many more catalogues, etc was a dirty secret. 

Having joined the forum, I guess I need to prove myself as a valid member before I can scan and upload a whole heap more catalogues from the mid 70's through the 80's - as soon as I work out how, I will.

I've still got, and use, a Citronic Hawaii, and a near mint Iowa (as testament to Citronic's build quality, the Iowa has never ever let me down - it's even still got the original bulbs in the gooseneck lamps!), and I recently managed to nab one of the huge Discosound deck's off ebay - tho it needs some serious tlc.

Really really chuffed to have found this site.
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 11:58am
Welcome to the forum Greg.

The Squires' showroom in Tuffnell park road (a converted 3-storey house,as you correctly say) was an alladins cave of disco goodies back then,along with disco supplies in Chadwell heath,and the really posh stuff in REW on the corner of Charring cross road and Tottenham court road.

Im glad someone else is still using the good old English Citronic consoles,i thought i was the only one!

Be seeing you.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 12:35am
Who was it that made the "HENDY" equipment? was that squire's?
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>