Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff from the early days!!! - Roger Squires.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 43>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 5:09pm
Thanks for posting  Great pics there of the Fal consoles
Never liked to use them myself but good to see again
Had to use a Mono deluxe in a pub in 1979 they wouldnt let me use my own kit, the built in amp would blow most weeks in use  But I didnt mind as I still got paid for the night anyway
Do you have any Cloud or Soundout console pics ?
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 7:02pm
Yeah, I have some Cloud pics, I'll post them shortly.
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 7:58pm
Cloud Windsor

Cloud Series 9

Cloud Series 7

Cloud Series 10

Cloud 2500

Cloud (Unsure)

Cloud (Unsure)

Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 8:16pm
More great pics are any of these yours Love the series 9
 I am looking for a Series 9  Very nice deck to use
The one you are unsure of 2nd to last pic is a Cloud Buckingham The last pic looks very similiar but looks like a install model rather in a mobile suitcsae style looks to be unpowered as well
I picked up a series 10 last year for about £10 of ebay Havent had a chance to look at it yet though
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 9:01pm
The Fal Mono Deluxe & Ranger are mine, I also have a Citronic Thames, Powered Stereo Popular, Avon & Hawaii IV. An NJD DM808 and a Saxon Centaur. I'm trying to get my hands on a Citronic Thames II and something from the Cloud range.

I post some more pics tomorrow.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 9:45pm
The cloud Buckinghams look quite nice,but the windsor,the series 10 and series 7 in the photos above have those awful BSR turntables,they are dreadful,crudely made,nasty arms,feedback like crazy.
The turntables in the better Buckingham look exactly the same as the citronic's garrard-based CL300's,a much nicer design.

Edit...Nice photos by the way Drum.thanks for posting.

Edited by jbl_man - 07 February 2010 at 9:49pm
Be seeing you.
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 6:03pm
Drum 1707, great pics! The first deck I had was a Saxon Centaur, i've looked everywhere for some old pics of that first setup I had but cant find them.  If you could post some of yours i'd love to see them.
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:15pm
Here is my Saxon Centaur

And here it is from the front with matching screen

drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:18pm

LOL, Sorry the one above is the old one i had, The pic below is the one i have now.

drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:24pm
Anyone got any idea's what these two are?

Tuac?

And this is a pic of the first console i ever owned. SW, Simms Watts (I think)? My dad bought me one of these to practice on before i was old enough to get into the pubs, Circa 1978.

Any info on these would be well appreciated..........I've also got pics of i few consoles i haven't got a clue about..

drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:38pm
Some Citronic Consoles.

Not quite sure what this is?

I think this one is a Stateline II although i maybe wrong!

Tamar

Thames II

Severn

Severn II Popular

Powered Mono Popular

Powered Stereo Popular

drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:43pm
Hawaii Popular

Hawaii IV

Hawaii ?

Avon

Avon II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 43>