Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff from the early days!!! - Roger Squires.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 43>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:48pm
The larger pic of the Hawaii IV and the Avon i own..........They are for sale, In great condition, Serviced and ready to go.
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:50pm
Some good ones there, especialy the Hawaii IV with the blue background (my own console!) Funny coincidence but the picture below that is the ebay pic of the same console from when I bought it!  What a bargain, think they were £55!
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:53pm
Yep, I took that pic from Ebay.....

Edited by drum1707 - 08 February 2010 at 9:55pm
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:55pm
drum 1707, nice Saxon Centaur! I didn't have the screen or speakers though, just the console.  The turntables on mine were slightly different, it had those plastic BSR ones like on the Linearsound Tornado I posted earlier in the thread.
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:57pm
The Centaur will be up for sale shortly, Complete!!!!! Needs a bit of work but not much.

I collect the pics so that i can get a good idea of what i'm looking for when i buy and service them before i sell them on..........Although i keep some of the consoles, Well you gotta haven't you LOL.

Edited by drum1707 - 08 February 2010 at 10:00pm
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 10:17pm
drum1707, which pics are the Hawaii IV and Avon you have for sale?
drum1707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drum1707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 11:31pm
The Avon that's on the floor, And an identical one to the one with the blue background. I took that pic from Ebay to make sure i had it right, But yep it's identical and in just as good condition.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:07am
Probually the ultimate in disco consoles,the Matamp,most of these were to special order,and hugely expensive.the radio one roadshow had one,Emperor Rosco had one,and here is Froggy's.....the console "supports" are actually valve amplifier cases,which ran the mid/hi in this setup. 

Edited by jbl_man - 09 February 2010 at 11:43am
Be seeing you.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 5:28pm
A couple of scans of consoles 
Soundout and Simms
anyone got or had a Soundout series 6 as in the pic at the back
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 5:42pm
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:34pm
Yup I had both the soundout consoles and another older one with the mixer in the center and pockets along the front for 7" singles (bloody huge mono console), had the speakers in the pic too! but not the amps
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:53pm
Didnt the red fins on the end act as heatsinks on the powered versions? i can remember looking at one in Squires' in Junction road,but bought the stereo Hawaii instead as it just looked nicer at the time!
I think forum member Robbo used to sell this brand new.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 43>