Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heat is a big issue!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heat is a big issue!
    Posted: 28 June 2009 at 12:43pm

Got several Dell pc's here of various specs,most are 2.4,2.6 or 3.2 processors,all with plently of ram,its amazing how they slow-up after half an hours use in this hot weather...just out of interest,i opened one up yesterday,the processor was cool,but the memory was so hot couldnt really touch it!...anyway,i left the case open and after 5 mins it had cooled down,and the preformance was back to normal....so now running it with the case open.

Be seeing you.
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:09am
Thumbs Up

gotta bear in mind though that some computers cool far better with the case closed, if they have vents at front and back with a fan at either end(s) then the forced airflow through the case will have a far greater cooling effect than opening it up :-)
wash with gasoline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wash with gasoline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:47am
iv had good luck putting a (snorkel) above the ram with another case fan. there is usually enuf room between the power supply and cd rom drives to fit one directly above the ram. makes a huge diff in cooling. you have to be ok with takeing it all apart and putting it back together tho.  i think they market fans to clip onto your ram sticks as well, i havent ever used them but i remember seeing them at frys
dry with match
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 3:54pm
I blew my laptops power managment gubbins last week. Man if only my office had aircon.
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply