Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you know this Project from Beyma ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by KenTech KenTech wrote:

This doesn't look like the simulation above, where is simulated a SB15-1 Cab and a SB18-1 Cab....
Why ?

Note that you have to set the driver arangement to tapped (Tools - Driver Arangement - Tapped Horn)
I made the simulation with:
-  Ang 2,0 x Pi (half space)
- Eg 2,83 (volts)
Wink
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:32am
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

this design don't have any braces but it's also so compact. Someone have ever heard/built this cab?
 Should be suitable for kick section over scoops? Before someone says go for hd15/hd18, I hate access port Angry.

no braces but a double sized top and bottom panel... Wink atherwise you would have resonating wall problems:
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 11:12am
This post is about the 18" version, but applies to the 15" version as well:

The 'specifications' on that box are pure fiction.

It will only be 101dB above 100hz, and it will be at least 10dB down at 33hz.

It's similar to this EV cabinet, but can't work as well as it's smaller.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/...0L-ER%20EDS.pdf

But on the other hand, many people are satisified with the EV, so you may be satisfied with yours.

Keep in mind:

A 2 cu ft 2nd order sealed box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.18% efficient (84.55dB).
A 2 cu ft 4th order vented box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.36% efficient (87.56dB).
A 2 cu ft 6th order vented box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.90% efficient (91.54dB).

The 'horn' on the EV/Beyma is too short to work below 100hz, and the rear volume acts as a vented box below 100hz (and it is tiny).

Note: the correction factor between 2.83V/1M and 4V/10' is +6.67dB

The Beyma is only 2/3 the total size of the EV, so it must be almost 2dB less efficient below 50hz.

djk
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 11:19am
I see.  Good solution, better than adding braces and an access port on the bottom Thumbs Up
Regarding your sim, this cab drop so low, too low for my purpose, 80hz is enough to me. In your opinion, what is the mod to loose low end and encrease spl and kick?
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 1:37pm

I see.  Good solution, better than adding braces and an access port on the bottom Thumbs Up
Regarding your sim, this cab drop so low, too low for my purpose, 80hz is enough to me. In your opinion, what is the mod to loose low end and encrease spl and kick?

Why don't you like braces? Ermm
I think you have to take another design to achieve your requirements...
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 1:55pm
I love braces but I hate access port because can ruin all the built.
Now I have an mt115 and 2 reduced version of sl36 to load 15" and sit behind  the mt115, I'm pretty satisfied of them. But if I find a design for kick that don't have access port and not a simple reflex and can sit over superscooper....I'll return to eat sawdust Wink
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 2:24pm

I love braces but I hate access port because can ruin all the built.
Now I have an mt115 and 2 reduced version of sl36 to load 15" and sit behind  the mt115, I'm pretty satisfied of them. But if I find a design for kick that don't have access port and not a simple reflex and can sit over superscooper....I'll return to eat sawdust Wink

Sorry bitzo, I can't follow you... What do you mean with access port?
Do you want a new cab instead of the MT115? Should the new design have almost identical frequency response as the MT115 with a peak around 100Hz?
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 2:33pm
ehmm... Access port...how can I say...in Italian portello di accesso....I'll show you, here's a pic from some insomnia built

the freq range would be 80hz 200hz, peak at 100hz shoud be so nice.

Edited by bitzo - 01 July 2009 at 2:41pm
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:17pm

ehmm... Access port...how can I say...in Italian portello di accesso....I'll show you, here's a pic from some insomnia built

Aaah! Now I understand! I am with you... Approve
You mean the access panel! Why does such a access panel ruin all the built???
What kind of enclosures are those on the pic? They look very tidy!
Does the new kickbass cab have to be a 15" design?
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:05pm
These cabs are omnitop 15 billfitz maurice design.
yes will be a 15" driver loaded, PD156 because I already have 3 of these woofers.
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:25pm

These cabs are omnitop 15 billfitz maurice design.
yes will be a 15" driver loaded, PD156 because I already have 3 of these woofers.

Sorry bitzo, but I think the only design that will meet your requirements is a bph as for example the hd15, these designs will have the peak around your desired frequency range.
All the hybrid constructions peak around 160-220Hz and give you a response down to ~50Hz...
Maybe the RCF Bassbin is a solution, which is able to satisfy you?
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26592&PID=281769&title=beyma-sb18-driver#281769

I'll go into the matter...
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:45pm
Hi bitzo,
here is a simulation of one RCF Bassbin driven by your PD156....

RCF Bassbin - PD156 - SPL
RCF Bassbin - PD156

I think that the upper cut-off frequency of this design will be too low for you...?

greez
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>