Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you know this Project from Beyma ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 6:58pm
it has less SPL than BPH. It sounds flater , goes deeper but doesn't have that bump on Kick zone , like BPH. Overall, i am more satisfied with this cab instead of BPH. My near future plan is to build another SB15 , loaded with the same SD15 driver. Than i will eclipse an BPH, in every aspects. This 2 cabs will be more portable( beeing 2 subs instead of 1 ) and it will have a lower cutoff. Sounds more linear.
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 11:18am
Originally posted by KenTech KenTech wrote:

it has less SPL than BPH. It sounds flater , goes deeper but doesn't have that bump on Kick zone , like BPH. Overall, i am more satisfied with this cab instead of BPH. My near future plan is to build another SB15 , loaded with the same SD15 driver. Than i will eclipse an BPH, in every aspects. This 2 cabs will be more portable( beeing 2 subs instead of 1 ) and it will have a lower cutoff. Sounds more linear.

Great that you are satisfied with the beyma design!
Did you already have the chance to measure an campare both together?
greez
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 11:59am
Originally posted by KenTech KenTech wrote:

ibex, very few drivers aren't deep. I haven't tried, but i've measured with Autocad the distance and it seems like you need a driver no deeper than ~16 cm...
that's realy imposible... :)

RCF L15P200AK is only 13.5cm high, and so are enough others. rcf l15s801, lf15g401 is 15.8 as well as L15P400 and MB15H401. And those are only RCF. Btw, the RCF MB15H401 sims very good with this designWink

Edited by Teunos - 28 August 2009 at 3:58pm
Best regards,
Teun.
yasint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:18am
Hey thanks. all of you did a fantastic job graphically representation is very helpful to understand it. its really helpful for working on it.
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:02pm
Thx! U're welcome!
rizzardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 6:08pm
hi,

thanks to all had wrote on this very interesting thread!!!

I want to realize a cuple of this sb15 beyma project.

But, finally, what different woofers can work good in this project?

Like RCF, B&C, 18sound, Ciare ecc ecc ecc ...

Thanks!!
Bass is good when they move our trousers
aw-audio84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aw-audio84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 11:07am
One Member mentionend the ARLS (Advanced Reflex Loaded System) in the first Thread.
If you like a clean and very well performing Reflex Sub, that matches easy with nearly all kind of Tops from 38 - 150Hz and a very handy shape, then this Version 2 of the ARLS could be interesting.

https://aw-audio.de/boxenbauplaene/PS-Bass%20MK2_.pdf

Edited by aw-audio84 - 22 September 2020 at 11:09am
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 1:20pm
Now that is interesting -about 5 years ago, I designed and made a set of 15" bass bins that ended up being almost exactly like that plan. I had internal volume of 87 litres and a tuning frequency of 55Hz not 42Hz, but otherwise the layout was nearly identical, with a big shelf port at the bottom and minimum-width baffle. With Fane Colossus 15XB's in them, they performed extremely well. Undistorted deep bass to 40Hz and good cone control. A pair in a corner, seemed at least equal to a 2x18 bin (although no comparative testing was done). 

Perhaps it is one of those magic formulas that works with lots of different 15" drivers! It's a convenient size for putting in small vans or cars too. 
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567