Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q12 12" Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 6:19pm
I'd add that if one Q12 isn't enough, the Q15 gives about 65% more SPL  for the same beans (21kg vs 14kg, and larger, obvs.).  Or look for bee's 2x12 cabs, which looked V. tasty.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 6:23pm
the q range consisted of the q12, q15 and q18, the q21 had been drawn up, and wood cut but never finished. was until this weekend, the q21's were powered up yesterday..

the q fp range was my own take on the q range, designed with help from Tony w.
q12fp, q212fp, q15fp, q215fp, q18fp and q218fp and a q21fp
https://www.elements-audio.com
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 6:28pm
Also:
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

In this box the driver IS everything, IMHO the 12S330/12N630 cannot be beaten at least for a reasonable price.

It is not till you get your hands on a 12S330 that you realise what a piece of engineering it is.

Tony

I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

the q21 had been drawn up, and wood cut but never finished. was until this weekend, the q21's were powered up yesterday..

Show.  Tell.  Please...
jjoakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjoakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 7:38pm
Do you have picture of twin 12 q12?

I would like to get most deep and bass that can be feeled, like 18" would give but from smallest size

Isn't q12 finished? Shocked

(Sorry my typos..)
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 7:55pm
Pic of Tony's Forte Audio F208 standing on top of his F212B sub, is on this thread on page 4.
For info, both pairs now owned/used by me. Superb sound, especially on female vocal. Smile
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 8:13pm
f212b is a different design, the f212b was a great design, but different principles to the q12, Tony never made a double of the q12, but would be very easy to re do the plan to a double version.. the q212fp is one of my own designs, based on work myself and Tony done together.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

the q21 had been drawn up, and wood cut but never finished. was until this weekend, the q21's were powered up yesterday..

Show.  Tell.  Please...

Ill start a new thread with pics ect… ill add a link hear...
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 8:56pm
iv got plans he sent me for a dual q12 should i put them up Bee? my (Tonys) dual bms 12 n630s sound amazing and pack a real punch and so small i can get the whole system in a my focus hatch back and play easy to 100 people. 
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 9:01pm
ive kept all plans out of the free demain, and given them out freely, with proof of a donation in Tonys honour to the heart foundation.
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 9:04pm
Nice one Bee ok il let you handle it then dude. such a shame he was a good guy. still his designs s live on. 
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 9:27pm
defo, knowing how good they are, just helps stop them falling in money grabbing hands..

I will have flat packs available of a lot of his cabs shortly, were a donation will be taken from the profit. For a long time I did not want to deal with it. But two good friends of mine and Tonys pushed me to get the last cab built, and to get the cad plans drawn up for cnc flatpacks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>