Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q12 12" Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:45pm
Oh it works but its the input sensitivty be not what they said it was . Anyway never mind its on its way back to dsp to be moded.
End of this year going to be building a new system might go the same rout as you liking the small scale big sound factor! Thumbs Up
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

End of this year going to be building a new system might go the same rout as you liking the small scale big sound factor! Thumbs Up

OK, I have a few more projects involving small, loud and High quality so keep in touch :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:40am
Great little sub Tony :) I don't know how you do it, simple but absolutely stunning cabs.

How do you guys get real world plots? Using Smaart? I want to do my 12" white subs as they sound lovely and drop low.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:18am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Great little sub Tony :) I don't know how you do it, simple but absolutely stunning cabs.

How do you guys get real world plots? Using Smaart? I want to do my 12" white subs as they sound lovely and drop low.

SamV,  I suppose 20 years as an industrial designer must help + I like to keep things nice and simple as long as it does not inhibit performance.

The main tool I use for quick plots is Real_RTA  I find it just as accurate as the more expensive programmes that I have access too.  I use it with a berry ECM8000 as I mainly do comparison checks for which this is perfectly OK.

An Earthworks mike is probably on the cards in the next few months.

Tony
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:08pm
But does it supply the plots in graph form?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

But does it supply the plots in graph form?

Yes it does, you can save the plots to a series of memory positions for comparisons. 

If you download the demo version you can see how it works but only in 1 octave resolution. It will work with your laptop mic if you have one (not for proper use).

If you register with these guys you can also download the latest version of Room EQ Wizard 5 for free which also does what you want.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/

Tony
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:36pm
I have proper mics I can use which are flatter and more directional than the ecm8000. I'll check out the software.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 10:54am
A few detail pics of my latest pair.

kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 2:28pm
NICE!
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 2:36pm
its all about the detail Clap
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 2:38pm
Nice one Tony, looks like an easy build too only 6 piece of wood. Any chance of measurements could be a next project for Home theater useThumbs Up

kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 4:32pm

nice job tony,

here is my latest build

beyma 12 subs and 12 tops, all neo apart from the old de750's in the mids

small is the new big

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>