Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q12 12" Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 4:55am
Originally posted by lycantheleopard lycantheleopard wrote:

tony, in your research for drivers that work in a small sub application, what others did you test? your current choice is quite hard to find in the usa but the box and its intended use is right up the alley i need.  other drivers that might work in a small sub?

Speak to Jack Arnott of Assistance Audio  http://www.assistanceaudio.com/  He will sort you out.

Tell him Tony in the UK sent you :)

In this box the driver IS everything, IMHO the 12S330/12N630 cannot be beaten at least for a reasonable price.

It is not till you get your hands on a 12S330 that you realise what a piece of engineering it is.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
DDAUDIO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDAUDIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:24pm
Hello, it's my first post here...

I was just designing a subwoofer using a pair of BMS 12N630, and I found this thread!
My idea was to run them in 90 liters and tune using a 250 cm2 port, 45cm long. This will give a moderate peak in the 50 Hz area, with about -1 dB @ 40 Hz and 30 Hz @ about -8 dB.
You can see details in the attached image.
I will build a pair of these subs (so total 4 woofers) to be used when djing, usually in not very large rooms.

Is it possible to get the plans for the design you're discussing about, so I'll be checking and compare this to my design?

My mail address is roberto at ddaudio.it 

Many thanks in advance, and congrats for your good job!

Roberto

http://shack.us/photo/my-s/713/2bms12n630.png/ -

boylaang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boylaang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 6:10am
Hi tony can u email me the Plans of Q12 12" Sub

my email is mailto:boybogets@yahoo.com.ph - boybogets@yahoo.com.ph

thanks
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 7:43am
design one yourself Boylanng

stop feeding the dragon chaps. There are enough designs by Rog to be getting on with.
eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

design one yourself Boylanng

Adding to that, as the OP is offering the Q12 as flat pack, why would you even need plans?

Oh... right...
Jiriczek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jiriczek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:32pm
Hi Tony can you email me the Plans of Q12 12" Sub?

My email: jiriczek@jiriczek.cz

Thanks.
Jon Norwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Norwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 11:15am
Tony

I requested the drawing for the 1 x 12 design almost 3 years ago, but never got round to building it (hangs head in shame)

Has the design changed at all?

The drawing I received was F112BN and had an Fb of 45hz

Just thought i'd ask before attempting to (finally) have a go.

Are the designs for the tops available too????

Thank you.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 11:54am
Hiya Jon, I have only changed items like the handle position etc. the basic box at 35L tuned to 45hz is exactly the same. 

I have just done a dedicated top box for use with single Q12's which is the Q25. As the name suggests it uses twin 5" drivers with the top one being a co-axial jobby.

Not released details yet as the boxes are being cut and as usual will not release details until they have proven that they perform.

If you are going to be using 2 x Q12 per side then you need a bit more oomph and the Q28 (2 x 8") was designed for this. The plans are available for the Q12 and Q28 and also the STP and IGES files for anyone with 3d capable CAD.

There are no dimensions on the new drawings you would need Draftsight or similar to get dimensions from the DXF.  http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight/overview/

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Jon Norwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Norwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 12:23pm
thank you tony - wanted to PM you, but can't seem to find the option on my profile anymore.... :(

I must have a go this time.... can't believe I first requested the plan 3 years ago (where does time go)

Thank you for getting back to me.

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:14pm
Jon

click the down tag next to a members name and you can pm from there.
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:35pm
It might be because he doesn't have 10 posts yet.  When you were able to PM before, was it on an older account maybe?
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:42pm
good point didnt see that

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>