Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2x18" MEATGRINDER v2 (done!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 12:56pm
Drivers used in this design are cheaper than in punisher! and 1 cab 4x12 is smaller than 4xPunishers... And I'm forgot - you can use half version 2x12", it will be 550x818x666.. It's more powerful design!
rich, ind.st View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich, ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Amano Amano wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

That 4x12" cab looks to only put out the same sort of response as a Punisher, which is considerably smaller and only needs one driver?

Put in hornresp Eg=74,83Volts and you'll see differences between my 4x12 cab and 1xPunisher...Wink

nice
music is god
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 1:46pm
Amano the new designs are the most interesting thing on the forum for me, thanks for sharing theseSmile

The 4 x 12" design seems to miss a couple of tricks in my eyes though. With a dual/quad driver bass design you can position drivers cleverly to cancel out panel resonances and reduce distortion. Wouldn't curved panels have a more beneficial effect at the start rather than the end of the horn (not sure whats best, i.e. is it worth going to the effort of curving panels at the end of the horn or is the effort better spent nearer the throat)? It seems that angling the drivers so they're pointing towards the middle more could reduce unused space, increase path length slightly and improve ease of driver access? Would mean less even loading on the driver though I guess.

You like big cabsBig smile
PolymorphicMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 12:44pm

Have I missed the plans for this mighty horn? Very nice design

Free to do what i WANT
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by PolymorphicMark PolymorphicMark wrote:

What plan do you mean? 2х18" or 4x12"? :)

I share my plans only for beta testers who can help me in measurements or good advice to improve my designs...
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 7:59am
this is mad but image 4*18 meatgrinder i know it will be heavy but for big outdoor shows killer ,knocking on the bigboys door

http://forum.speakerplans.com/8500w-active-sub_topic29682.html
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Amano Amano wrote:

Originally posted by PolymorphicMark PolymorphicMark wrote:

What plan do you mean? 2х18" or 4x12"? :)

I share my plans only for beta testers who can help me in measurements or good advice to improve my designs...
but to what end?...

to explain, another way of reading the above would be to say "i share my plans only with people who will do the all the really time consuming and hard hard work of research and development for me for free, in order that i may profit from said later on."

if this is to be a commercial cabinet design, that you have no intention of making the plans available for, then i think you should make this clear from the beginning. if it is however a design which, in the spirit of the speakerplans forum, is to be made available for anyone to build, why would you care who gets the plans?

if it's the former, why are you bothering to show it here? it's very nice i'm sure, kind of inspirational in some ways too, but you don't get companies like martin, d&b et al posting up pictures of their new box ideas and casually asking people to finish the development work for them.

i'm not trying to have a go amano, but i would be happier if you would clarify just where you are going with this project...

james.
mardy hippy.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 9:31pm
James , I think the plans will comeout at one point and time , I´d presume the man wants to make sure everything is right many plans work on paper ,
Just my thoughts .

No expectations, no disapointments.ConfusedConfused
Francis
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Amano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

James , I think the plans will comeout at one point and time , I´d presume the man wants to make sure everything is right many plans work on paper ,
Just my thoughts .

No expectations, no disapointments.ConfusedConfused
Francis

U R Right! Wink

I posted many plans and that is my first i want to sure it works correctly!
PolymorphicMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 10:08am
James, don't you think you were been a bit critical in your comment. May be this should have been said over PM first so you could properly understand Amano thinking before posting.

I can completly understand his method, and for us to progress as the human race we need to share. So if Amano wants to ask certain people to help test a PROTOTYPE plan because he does not have the necessary test equipment thats fine. After all he could have spent a very long time on hornresp and CAD to get this far.

In my few just posting the picture of the cab was inspirational, and this forum about helping and inspiring each other.

I think it's good to censor a plan until you have the true fact about it. I would hate to spend all my hard erned money as a newby building a cab what didn't work as expected.

Mark
Free to do what i WANT
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 11:32am
fair play mark and francis, you are both quite right.

i'm very sorry amano, it looks like i was reading too much about what is happening in my own life into the behaviour of others, exactly the sort of thing that i'm not supposed to do... it would help to remember to give humanity the benefit of the doubt from time to time.

not a good day, i have a feeling you aren't the only people i might have offended...

james.
mardy hippy.
skippyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:05pm
This design looks so promising, and looks like it's been killed dead, is there anything more info coming, i would like to have a crack at this myself.
Cheers Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 22>