Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v portable soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tektonik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v portable soundsystem
    Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:52pm
here are some pics of the start of another portable sound system

the cab kindly given to me by mark

the mid bass driver is a sn-12mb neo and a p-audio copy 1" compression driver for hf

im useing 4 12v 20ah sealed lead-acid batteries in parallel powering a active crossover and a alpine car amplifier. in put will be through phono plugs mounted in a panel in the back. more pics to follow 
http://www.myspace.com/recyclesoundsystem
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 5:16pm

Each of those batteries is 20ah? They look so small!

james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 10:51am
they aren't 20... i have no idea how large they are but i will bet a substantial amount on them being nearer 2 than 20, they are a lot smaller than the 7s i have sat in front of me now.

cool mission though, i feel a 12 volt speakerplans shootout is becoming inevitable! tektonik, are you building a bass cab to go with? i like the way you are incorporating all the power and electronics in the mid top cab, really smart use of space as you (i'm assuming) won't need the extension provided by greater cabinet volume.

good project!

james.
mardy hippy.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 7:27pm
actually just noticed that block of wood is covering half of them! They probably are 20 - looks about the same as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-20AH-SLA-BATTERIES-X-4-12VOLT-20AH_W0QQitemZ130318261318QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM?hash=item1e5792dc46&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 if you account for the covered section.

Anyway good to see more 12v projects! Always interesting for me :)
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:50pm
look about the same size as my 7Ah jobbies

good luck if they are 20! I have 3 24Ah batteries and they are a b*tch to carry (especially after i gaffer taped them together in parallel Dead)
workidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 4:45am
im keen to see how it ends up :)
tektonik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tektonik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 1:37pm
managed to get this finished over the weekend

changed the alpine for a sony xplode one channel for mid bass other for hf using a active crossover

drivers installed

back of cab on left cigarette lighter socket for charging on right rca input and power switches

the bike for when i want to be portable

it can also be charged from my converted exercise bike when no mains power is available

i will be at the southern sounds festival dorset with this setup and a larger pedal powered rig
if anybody is going come and say hello

Edited by tektonik - 17 August 2009 at 2:01pm
http://www.myspace.com/recyclesoundsystem
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 2:34pm

i never thought id see that with a driver in again

lol! was my bedsite cabinet for years :P

btw that is actualy made for a 10" and piezo not a 12" and 1"

glad its back in use :p

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 3:16pm

just seen this and heard it 

sounds good considering !!!

top marks for effort there

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 11:18pm
nicelly done!!!
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 11:32pm
sweet :)

have already got my next 12v system on the drawing board, lol. gonna be portable unlike my current beast :D
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 9:39am
wow! what's the score with the trike conversion? did you hack the front off a go-cart? i'm very interested in how you achieved this.

james.

p.s. oh yeah, speaker looks good too! Smile
mardy hippy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>