Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Recone Guide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rosslewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosslewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:16pm
Brilliant guide. Thanks for that.
tone107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tone107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:00pm
thamks for the guide
Parkend10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parkend10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:24pm
This has probably come up before but I can't find it here. Does anyone know where to get silver (aluminium) replacement dust caps from? Gold effect ones would also be handy. 
HH Concert Radial x 4
HH PRO 200 x 8
HH Concert Bass x 8
HH VX 1200PDC x 8
DBX Driverack, Behringer DCX2496, Behringer X32, HH Queensberry, HH MISCARA
roar-soundsdjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar-soundsdjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:03pm
ClapClapThanks Very helpful....now to recone my Byma drivers.....lool
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:41pm
so when you've tried tape rolled up and it still doesn't get the bits out and you then tried the vacum cleaner on getting the bits of magnetised metal out of the voice coil gap... then what do you do????? I've been trying to get some bits out for 4 hours now.... they just don't want to stick to the tape...
???????????
Always a compromise, You can't have everything...

Where would you put it all.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 9:56pm
the only time i've done it, i used masking tape wrapped around cardboard.. as thick as i could possibly get it to go in... and as they've said here.. just went round and round and round for ages getting out little bits at a time till nothing else was coming out at all... think that's all you can do...
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 1:05am
yeah i'll just persist... or maybe blast it with air.... either way i'll win eventually...

Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 6:41pm
A day of persistance has lead to 4 newly reconed V1000s =Smile Was much more carefull when doing the other 3 not to let anything in the gap... Found that while taped over the gap you can put the hoover in the middle and over the gap round it and suck out loads of junk that way too...

Wizard Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:14pm
Great post!
speakerguy559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speakerguy559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 10:45pm
any1 up for the job of reconing some pd 2150s?
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:00pm
Volt re-coning ..............

Sticks n Stones
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:01pm
My Favourite recone is going to be a PD or Fane  
Sticks n Stones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>