Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Recone Guide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sabbelbacke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 12:05pm
Spain is more to the west, probably the world already ended there :)
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:54pm
Spain is just to the south of me (in Cataluña at the moment) - but yes...  Smile

TBH, I´ve been kept waiting for months sometimes for a reply from some of the sound companies here - it´s very frustrating. Disapprove

Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 9:53pm
@earplug
I got a message that you sent me a PN, but somehow, I can´t access and write PNs in this Forum. Maybe not enough posts ? Could you send me an email? 
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:35am
I think you need 10 posts, so just 1 to go....  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:39am
No Problem :) 
We ran out of "sticky stuff" for the surroundings, our previous supplier shut down. Does anybody have a hint for the fabric surroundings? (Yes, Beyma et all have stuff available, but its much too expensive...)
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:43am
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 5:18pm
Now if they were in the UK that would be excellent...
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 5:22pm
What you need is a friend in the US who can send them on as a (tax-free) gift, etc.  Wink

Edited by Earplug - 28 December 2012 at 5:23pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 11:50pm
I have used this before to stick a spoiler on the roof of my old Subaru, it was one of the high level rear window spoilers. I used a small bead about 5mm thick 60mm long, so not very much.

Called Sika flex, super strong cured over night.

Which was no mean feat as it was 312bhp and topped out of revs at 140mph. 

Is it worth trying on a cone? 

http://www.uksealants.co.uk/sikaflex-11fc+-adhesive-and-sealant-300ml--p209.html

Edited by midas - 29 December 2012 at 12:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:43am
I have Sikaflex here, its fine as a glue for glueing the cone to the gasket. But as a lubricant for the surrounding I´d guess it´s too thick and viscous.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 10:37pm
I had this email ( which is global and ok to use) From Beyma today about the glus supplied ( Evo Stick), so only old kits will now have glue. Hope this helps someone;

Moncada, Jannuary 10th 2013

Dear Partners,

We have decided to remove the tube of glue included in the recone kits for repairing cone

speakers. This decision has been taken mainly to comply with current regulations (REACH) and

also because in many cases the state of the glue was not correct in the moment of repairing

giving no added value to include it. Please note this component is not difficult to be found in the

market.

We will update the recone procedure note included in the kits as well as in the web site,

indicating the type of glue that must be acquired for doing a correct job. For your reference it is

contact glue, rubber type.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.

Sincerely,

Jorge Serrano

Billy Dawg.
madsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:14am
nice post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>