Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 or...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 or...
    Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:47pm

Hi to all I'm Alberto from Italy. I LOVE horn loaded suboowfers, I had in my bedroom a CIARE BT010 project with 2 18" loaded and the result was IMPRESSIVE. I've also an over 152 db car dual stroker 18" equipped and I'm going to do my home theater!! By now I got near to for free a Cerwin Vega 188EB 18" driver, I think it was removed from a SL38 or similar. I've to choose between to do an x1 loading it with the 188eb or to build up manually the old sl38 horn for the same driver. I like also the x1 and it seems to be more deep than an horn and smaller but X1 needs it's driver (P audio one or void one) otherwise it's not an X1 (I read all the posts in this forum section) and Vega Sl38 should be less efficient and SPL capable than a modern 1850 but also deeper in frq response and more correct for the driver if I'm right. Please give me your suggestion, it will be much appreciated

nos7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:03pm

Driver parameters should be:

CERWIN VEGA 188eb

fs = 46
QMS = 1.556
QES = 0.364
QTS = 0.295
Xmax = 5.2 mm
Vas = 200 liters
BL = 20.24
EBP = 126

nos7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:19pm

This is the driver to who don't know, it should be very popular for all of you:

nos7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 7:48pm

Yup I was wrong  CV horn model I'm making is SL36 not sl38, however, since nobody replies I'm doing the horn, also because this driver was born to fit into it's sl36 and I'm doing one. I'm using the poject of sl36 found on this forum, the 36x36x24 one not the small one... hope it will pump enough and deep too fo rmy home theather. I know all of you are from real PA experiences and you should not appreciate this job but if someone could explain me if this kind of horn perfectly home made with 1.9mm MDF will sound pretty deep I'll be glad.

Morison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 9:40am

Originally posted by nos7777 nos7777 wrote:

if someone could explain me if this kind of horn perfectly home made with 1.9mm MDF will sound pretty deep I'll be glad.

Probably not. The CV's have a bit of a reputation for being loud but *not* going very deep.

Also, it'd be 1.9cm MDF, 1.9mm would be ridiculously thin and flimsy, if you could even get it

Edited by Morison - 07 November 2005 at 9:41am
nos7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 6:24pm
you right Morison, 1.9cm , I'm doing the junior earthquake 38" deep. hope it will be deeper than the 24" one, I will let you know soon.. Noone had those horns to tell me an opinion abou it?
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 10:29am
mate has one in a pub. sounds good and deep to me. home cinema would prob sound better with bandpass as its a non directional design and will give a better field of bass in your viewing room but horn will sound nice.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
nos7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nos7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 2:18pm
DONE! I did my sl36and it ROCK!! Sound better deeper and stronger than audiophile subs! I've a friend with an audio shop and when he heard to it amplified with a channel of an old rotel rb890 he replied me it's betterthan an audio research big sub: when a door shut in the movie my chair jump on the floor!!! It's the best
 Post Reply Post Reply