Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 or T18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 or T18
    Posted: 29 August 2009 at 3:32pm
Hi Guys, just wanna seek your advise and opinion, which one is better between X1 and T-18. My friend is looking for a sub sub box to build, initially just one or two a side for PA and live set up. Im suggesting X1 and he reckon T-18 would be ok (one of the common bass bin here in my place), I havnt heard an X1 so far so I could not give him its real score. Thanx for your comments.
Bass matters...
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:05pm
X1 - true sub - 30hz - 70hz (no real upper bass).
T18 - bass bin - 50hz - 120hz (at a guess) peak around 100hz.

For live stuff the T18 might work better, if he has dedicated upper bass cabs the X1 will the better choice.

Be sure you can get the correct drivers for the X1 in your area.
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 5:00pm
Thanx for that info, most of the P Audio drivers are easilly availlable here including the sd18el and i think it will perform good with x1. He got so far two 15" 600 watts kevler midtop. I dont know if you can cross them low enough to at least meet with the x1 effective frequency. I wanted to convinced him to go with the x1 but needing an additional upperbass I dont think I can. Im not a fan of T18.
Bass matters...
VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 1:22am
Hi...!
what do you think about this sub?
i have try to build a pair of it with p-audio sd18.
i have try it with a behringer 2500 mode brige.
for me is a real delusion
like Diogene
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 1:47am
in small rooms the combination of a x1 with some usual 15" fullrange tops works well with a little bit of eq around 80-100hz, cutoff at 80
depends how much the tops can deliver in the upper bass range and how big the venue is,
most "small" fullrange tops loose the punch early so wont keep up with sub that easy...
upto 150sqm should be fine no bigger and not outside!
have you thought about some mini-scoops?
40-120hz easily so might work better with small tops?
cheers
VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:33am
Hy bass*en*bass
in laterer i charge some foto.
I have try it outside ...i have ty it VS a old sub reflex with 18" but the differens isn't big
(scuse my english is terrible)
can behringer ep2500 be a problem?
i have try it with my oscilloscope and my wave form generator and minimun frequens of work is 50 hz.
ciao

like Diogene
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:55am
VM

berry amp might be a problem but if your x1 only works from 50hz upwards there must be a mistake in the built/cab or setup, surely it will outperform an old 18" bass easily...
You sure you have turned the internal subsonic-filter off?
berrys have a switchable subsonic at the back so if you have switched it on 50hz its obvious that there will be no signal up to that that frequency.
also it wont be the kind of boomy bass an classic bassreflexbin will produce, 30-80hz is all you can expect of a x1 sub!

cheers

VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:24am
....mmm
in the evening i see this subsonic cut off....
thankYOU!!!
later i would try the sub with the ultracurve so i can charge some information about x1 in the forum
thank for Your help!
like Diogene
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:41am
good luck, hope its just the subsonic filter...  Big smile
VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:45am

Edited by VMacoustx - 06 October 2009 at 11:16am
like Diogene
VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:46am
like Diogene
VMacoustx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VMacoustx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:47am
like Diogene
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>