Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE T.AMP TSA 2200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 4:38pm

The main differrence between the TA-series and the TSA-series is that TA is a class AB/(G?) amplifier while TSA is a class D amplifier. Therefore the reduced size and weight.

The 4-channel version, TSA 4-700 have been discussed thoroughly in a german forum: http://www.party-pa.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=62185

My german is not the best but in summary they conclude that you get very much amp for your money, but 4 ohm bridge operation (subs) is not recommended because of overheating issues. I guess the same goes for 4x2 ohm operation. For the same reason the channels should be configured to run LHLH and not LLHH if using it to drive a 2-way system. And the explanation of the small power gain between 4 and 2 ohm is caused by the power supply reaching its limit.

For some reason specifications are filled in completley, but they seem to be in printed form. I have ordered a TSA 4-700 amp and can hopefully post the complete specifications when I get it.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 6:03pm
Quote For the same reason the channels should be configured to run LHLH and not LLHH if using it to drive a 2-way system.

It will be to spread the heat generated over the amp as evenly as possible rather than a very hot bass side and a comparatively cold top side.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:31pm
'

Edited by Tekasis - 03 September 2012 at 3:32pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by kunak23 kunak23 wrote:

Any one have tried hard this amp??? T.amp 2200, because i´m about to buy one 2400, but this one seems similar and much lighter¡¡
Originally posted by Howie Howie wrote:

Any updates? I'm looking at these myself. I have 4 ta2400s and not had any probs so far, but these seem to be far too light to be any good.
Been a little while, anyone else tried these T.amp 2200 amps including any newbies?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 4:32pm
found this,

http://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/218912_tsa_manual_en.pdf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12