Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C Sub18 Build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:38pm
They look loverly mike! Wish i had thought of that when i built mine.

How much you leave for the grill is completely down to you. depends on the grill and what size foam you use, i used fairly small batterns so didnt need a huge resses.

In reply to watchman, yes i would recommend bracing, makes it alot stronger.

Going to be making another two of these in the next 6 months, gigs are getting more demanding. Just need to find the money now!

Edited by Ryan94 - 23 May 2011 at 4:39pm
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:53pm

need to get holes cut before putting mine together but will be bracing,  thinking about buying PD186's or mite take drivers out of some other bigger subs i rarely use

mikey bear View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by watchman watchman wrote:

want to fit a full size grill

Ah ok. In that case it might be worth trying a box folded grill with captive nuts (my old turbo tq310's used cage nuts) fixed to the inside of the returns. Grill would then be attached with csk bolts through the sides/top/bottom of the cab. Quite an elegant solution i think.

I've been using Fane 18sb's in my sub18's and they really sound good. Would recommend them to anyone. Would like to hear pd186 loaded ones.
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:03pm
yer elegant, see you've sold yours, was tempted to buy myself aspecially after you reduced price but had already cut wood and bought a router.
have been looking at the Fane 18sb, seen at blue aran for £135, think  will  go for them.
where do i get grill.l
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:12pm
contact markie on here for the grill and foam
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:22pm

never used a router before, what type of router bit did you use to cut hole.

Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:56pm
http://www.tools4trade.com/d-9009644-Draper-1-2--STRAIGHT-127-X-50MM-TCT-ROUTER-BIT-RB21.aspx

Something like this is what i used.
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:52pm
bless ya
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:00pm
have built both subs now, router was a pleasure to use but i measured speaker hole 2mm to small and put top lids on 1mm to high, can mdf be sanded or should i just use an extra coat of paint to make it flush, did you round corners of.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 11:18am
Originally posted by mikey bear mikey bear wrote:

my take on the grill batton problem can bee seen below. the cabinet has been extended forwards 30mm and baffle recessed by the same. i intend to install strips measuing 18mm x 28mm x* in all 4 corners of the baffle, meaning the port will not be affected. grill will be mounted flush with front of the cabinet. the extra cabinet volume created by moving the port forward is offset by the handle boxes.

Mikey Bear I was thinking of doing the same thing but was unsure about with the baffle put back how it will effect the port internally,i.e. the length from the inside of the cab of the baffle to the end of the port. Your cabs look the bee's knee's.Clap
edit- just realised its the length of the port which is important and not the distance of the baffle to the portEmbarrassed

Edited by Nitz V1505 - 11 July 2011 at 10:26pm
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Henner242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henner242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:27pm
hey ryan theyre lookin tasty mate :) cant wait to hear them poundin next month boi!!!
Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 4:40pm
Hi all

on question on the side off that lovely work "i love reflex cabs"

why the tools in 110v in the UK the main power is 240v ?????

yours Vitor Ermm Pinheiro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>