Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minidrive programming - help required

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 4:02pm
might help to ensure that the unit is in 'xover mode: edge' and 'mono' setting from the 'utils' menu. otherwise one moves when you set the other and the unit tries to do some phase compensation too.
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

Bandwidth is basically the inverse of Q.  It's done in octaves.

A bandwidth of 1 is one octave so if you have your EQ at 500Hz, it'll be roughly 500Hz wide (eg 250-750Hz).  A slider on a graphic is 1/3 of an octave so if you want to do an EQ that wide, set it to about 0.3.

I'm in Southampton.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated and thanks for your help.
Cheers.
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:48pm
Thanks Guys,

I think I have it now, all bar the shouting.

Cheers.

st3fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st3fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 11:11am
I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it while having the same problem ... Damn these things can be tricky to program if you've forgotten how Cry  Every year I lean how to then forget .. and then spend hours trying to work out the menu systems ... but as every year, I get there in the end.

Just programmed a Omnidrive 355 and a Minidrive 334 ... got stuck in X-over mode and couldn't for the life of me remember that it needed to be in EDGE mode. 

But once you workout the damn menu, it is dead easy ... AS I FIND EVERY YEAR LOL

I think I might just start putting in monthly reminders in my calendar, just to go play with the settings and keep it in my head so I don't have to fight so hard when I really do need to do a full reprogram. 

Good luck to any and all people out there who keep hitting there heads upon the setting up process!

Edited by st3fan - 11 April 2021 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12