Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 165>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Why on earth don't you fit the two mains distro units on the rear of the racks and cover the gaps left at the front with ventilation rack strips---It would all look much better, more professional and make the cabling a lot more tidier and easier to use.

Space at the rear of the rack and the required occasional access to the outputs from the crossovers.

Until I can be bothered to make a patch panel and wire everything up permanently this is the easiest way for us based on out needs.
IncognitoSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IncognitoSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 10:36am
Robbo, I can't see any mechanism for mounting them at the rear of the rack.

The mounting rails only seem to be at the front on these racks. 

Is there some extra thing we would need to do that? I would prefer them at the back, then we could get really short kettle leads and keep it all nice and tidy inside the rack.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 1:53pm
You can get all sorts of rack rails to add to your existing rack: One supplier.
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by IncognitoSounds IncognitoSounds wrote:

Robbo, I can't see any mechanism for mounting them at the rear of the rack.

The mounting rails only seem to be at the front on these racks. 

Is there some extra thing we would need to do that? I would prefer them at the back, then we could get really short kettle leads and keep it all nice and tidy inside the rack.

Normally on those type of cases they are exactly the same on the front and the back so you can use them either way round.

I am not sure about the top rack, this isn't like one I have ever owned. It looks like it might use cage nuts? Is there space to fit cage nuts down each side on the back?

Looking at the bottom rack it should be the same as the front with the holes drilled on each side and then a strip of metal that is drilled and tapped behind that is held in place by a bolt at the top and the bottom.
IncognitoSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IncognitoSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 3:59pm
Thanks DMorrison, I'll check them out. 

AM55 you are correct, the top rack uses cage nuts. There are 2 rails down the left and right hand sides on the front that take cage nuts. The rails aren't present on the rear but sounds like I may be able to add some. Shall investigate further! 

I'd much rather have them rear mounted tbh.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2019 at 1:58pm

New racks! Just need to replace that t.amp with a matrix amp
Justjake303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 3:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 11:32am
1x MC2 E475
1X MC2 E100
2X MC2 E90
1X Distro Rack 32A in 6x 16a Outs
1X Drawer for 13a gang and router attached to crossover so can control through Audiocore wirelessly on site

Edited by Justjake303 - 16 January 2020 at 11:35am
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:12pm
you could do with a few more rack bolts 
purple monkey dishwasher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

you could do with a few more rack bolts 

yeah I have filled them all in now :) that picture was fresh after putting in the Distro unit and was running short Big smile

always something to find wrong in the forum community ey

Edited by Justjake303 - 16 January 2020 at 12:21pm
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 2:28pm
well somebody would have mentioned it LOL

what does that lot of mc2 power?
purple monkey dishwasher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

well somebody would have mentioned it LOL

what does that lot of mc2 power?

they power my new toys
4 void stays prime mk 2 and 8 void psycho x Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 165>