Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 165>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2005 at 2:00pm

party in wales this yr.

collection on crown, PV, QSC,samson,millbank and berry signaling. driving a hell beast.

little wet hire rental stack.

chamelion 3700 bass 4R driving 4x fane 18xb, PV 2600 and soundtech digi running jbl mseries 302mk11 and ramsa full range.

another coupla flight cases before i can really take out all the amps.

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2005 at 4:49pm
nice avc matieo, i would really like one of them. i would then be able to
abandon my plans for a mechanical mallet's mallet style automated dj
bopping system, although if it could hit them in time with the bass beat
then that would be cool...

james.

edit: anyone played count the ultradrives?...

i see you too are being precious and haven't yet peeled off the protective
film on the lcd display matieo! we had four, but one went foom along with
a peavey 1.3k that now thinks it's turned on when the switch is off
(spooky!), a bk mxf1000 module (for which the signal cable going into it
was burning hot and sparked in a spectacular manner upon removal) and
a 15" driver in a wharfedale pro trapezoidal cab.

the repeater system in the adjacent arch for the party on friday night
shown on the previous page died a horrible death just before the doors
opened. water and amplifiers mixing was possibly involved, i do not
recommend this to anyone here.

by the way i know that i spelt off wrong on the last page when i said that i
bought them of phil but as i have to go into firefox to edit it owing
to the length of the linked image files' urls, i can't be bothered. sorry.

Edited by james, ind.st - 18 December 2005 at 5:03pm
mardy hippy.
Slim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 7:54am

Void digidrive+ Two europowers one mid one top Void network4 for the bass.

That runs this little baby with ease!!

TURN IT UP!!
matt andrews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt andrews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 3:41am
Blatantly copied getting an AVC2 from Dom & Norty, its utterly genius and combined with a locked and limited behringer ultradrive and full open amps i can almost bring myself to dry hire my rig.

Setup is now fantastically easy since sorting that box, panel & distro; I almost look like I know what im doing
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 9:45pm

Was gonna comment about the AVC2 but it seems everyones done it.  Glad you're happy with it, has made my life much easier i must say.

Very neat rack BTW matieo, wish i could get all mine in a single rack but i'm so often lugging on my own.

really must get around photoing my lot....  Prob when i get my garage in the new year - which now has to also house my xmas present to myself - a Honda Fireblade!!! 

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 5:35am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

my xmas present to myself - a Honda Fireblade!!! 

duff man says oooh yeah...

now the fight for hobby superiority begins. it'll be like toy story when yr not in the room. all yr battered Db blasters ganging up on the new shiny kid on the block. him showing off with his engine peak of 142Db and any 'w' bins hanging around wishing they sounded as sweet.

please tell me its in the lime green and white fairing, just to finish the imagery.

j

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:38am

Sorry, can't help ya there!  Metallic blue and gold it is, 1999 model, garaged for 5 1/2 yrs and only 84 miles on the clock!! 

Those new tops are gonna have to wait!

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 10:37am

Finally got me new amps! Not the best of the best but just enough for my needs.Still trying to get hold of a rack tho.

top to bottom-

Reverb(JHS),

mic mixer(JB Systems),

EQ(Dynacord),

x-over(Berry),

tops (C-Audio ST400),

mid (C-Audio ST600) 

& bass (Audiohead AH2400).

All running 8ohm at the mo,just need to sort out the drivers on two of the bins then the scoops will be running 1200wpc @ 4ohm.Powering this lot...

Mixture of drivers-

Bass  - 3 x Eminence,1 Celestion(Will to change them all to Fane XB's eventually)

Mids - 2 x Eminence

Tops - 4 x RCF comps(only 2 in pic)

Also looking to get some decent bullets to carry on from the comps.

Just need to get it all in a big space to hear it properly.

Edited by mans1000 - 28 December 2005 at 10:51am
"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 10:56am

So you gonna run two scoops per channel of that 1200w rms per channel into 4 ohm Audiohead amp? So they should get 600w rms each driver then.

Oh and the piezos have dissappeared from your stack.

Now the reggae pre-amp and reggae siren are the only bits missing there if you wanted to make it a reggae soundsystem!

As for a rack, I seen cheap as chips 11U flightcase on http://www.soundrental.co.uk/ under the for sale section. It's green old style and is only £35, but 34.5cm deep though.

Also as you want Fane 18XB's in the future, someone on sj is selling 2 Fane Colossus 18B's[ which also work well in scoops] for £150 for both.

http://www.squatjuice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16216

Edited by ToXiC - 28 December 2005 at 10:59am
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:15am

Aahh......Soundrental,sent them an email regarding that rack bout 2 months ago.Got no reply,cheers Toxic u just reminded me,must actually ring them to see whats its like.Also very handy as they r only 2 mins up the road from me.And yep,600 w per driver.Also gonna go for the XB's,the specs better than the B's.Mind you,I have'nt had a look at the Void 600 specs yet.Wonder what they sound like in scoops?or r they better for BR cabs? gonna take a look now.Mind u,bit skint now(after xmas,buying the amps).Gonna make do for the time being.Got a feeling one of the drivers is on its way out too,can't take as much power as the other one,starts poppin' when turned up loud,a lot of flapping compared to the other one also.

Edited by mans1000 - 28 December 2005 at 11:22am
"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:18am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

which now has to also house my xmas present to myself - a Honda Fireblade!!! 

was on the back of one of them a few months ago,got upto 110-115mph.Boy!Didi I sh*t myself or what!!

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:21am

Also there are other cheap options like B&C 18 PS76 for £134 inc vat from PAP or PD918 from Komotion LTD for £129 inc vat.

http://www.komotion.ltd.uk/content/sales.htm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 165>