Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EMINENCE LAB 12 V2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRUMSZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMINENCE LAB 12 V2
    Posted: 08 October 2009 at 1:32am
First off hi all been lurking around here for a while

question i have 2 emin. lab 12 v2 hanging around want to
supplement the pa at the club i work they have eaw tops 2 15
1  6 mid and 2 tweets low end is 2 jbl jrx 18's used to have 4 but
the guy at there other club blew out there 18's... and my loss
any way i wana build a couple punishers with the eminence
saw the lab's nice but i dont wana buy 2 more labs.
any suggestions ?

thanks all
and love the build picks !!!!!!!
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 2:32am
1 or 2 horn loaded cabs wont work, minimum of 4 per stack is usually recommended...
unless they are of the tapped variety,
which the lab 12 could be quite suited to,
use the search term tapped horn in the forum search and theirs at least one or two designs for 12" drivers around.
their design wont be optimised for the lab 12,
try downloading hornresp and designing one for yourself if you feel up to the challenge,
or attempt to adapt an existing design for that driver.

hope that helps.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 12:20pm
lab 12 wont work in a punisher, tapped horn sounds like a good possibility.

are you planning to run two different types of bass cabinet (12" horns and 18" reflex) on the same frequency range?
DRUMSZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRUMSZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 1:23pm
Thanks for the responses

I'm looking for a tapped like suggested something like  like the Danley
nice size and they will be stuffed in each corner

Yea it would be nice to use the same freq. only cause the cords are already there
from the other 18's but i know it probably wont work so if i have to I'll break down
my rack and use some of my stuff.
By the way is there a plan similer to the Danley or do i just build a lab sub and drop it in the middle of the stage under the front monitor ?

Thanks again.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 2:21pm
I don't think you'd have good results running both alongside each other, you'd be better off spending your time/money on more JBL 18s in my opinion.

The are some interesting tapped horn designs in the 'other plans' section of this site or over on diyaudio.com.

If you're looking for cheap options capable of plenty of bass output I'd recommend you check out JBell's thread on DIYaudio about a front loaded horn for cheap MCM drivers.

As sKs said there's probably no point building a single lab sub. The horn mouth wouldn't be large enough to make full use of the horn length and low frequency output/excursion control would suffer.
DRUMSZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRUMSZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 12:20am
Thanks guys sad to hear but ive done dumber things in my life lol

so i did some scouring on the we and found this site
http://www.geocities.com/loudspeakerguru/subindex_page4.html

single 12 for a lab12 ??

any ideas on it????
may do one just to see till i can do a real punisher

agin thankz
time to go get deaf at the club Big smile
Stories View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 1:40am
Sell the Lab12's and buy a pair of the punisher drivers or build a Lab (cut enough wood for a least a second tho : o ).

I've found one Lab a side (2 total) works quite well in a fairly small (~8m x 18m) rooms i've used them in,  banging for DJ's and rock'in for bands!  Certainly not as bad as people seem to surggest, there just BIG, which is only an issue if you need to move them around lots.

Personally prefer the Lab's to the punnishers I've heard, though the punishers do work a lot higher and give that low mid chest thumping  tingle, where as the Lab's do Sub and thump and wobble you (need somthing above them for the low mid stuff) lots.

Matt

DRUMSZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRUMSZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 7:57am
tell ya Im bumming but i do love the look over the labs !!
built a couple hd15 already and the moving isn't a prob
scence i practically am the tech for both clubs ill just put what ever sounds better in
one and do sound there i do want that just thumping sound not just bass i did do sound in
one of the areas biggest clubs and they did have nothing but scoops and the like for bottom end

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr    bass and drums love it

thankz
 Post Reply Post Reply