FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi speaker geeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
Feed the troll
Feed the troll.

feck it - now you are asking about vans - shall i come round and tie your shoe laces and wipe your bum, come here littl'n theres something on your face shall i get a hanky out and wipe it of with a bit of mummy spit!!!

I suggest you stick your money in the bank - get a jog with a company and learn the industry - and then work out what you want to do.

Feck Feck Feck - I am getting drawn in again   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
They dont sound yuck Pfly you just need to eq them a bit on the back. I take it your still learning the ropes Cool
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:45am
Bored last night and bored again today----Pennyless Troll from Cloud Cuckoo land or it could be Rog again winding us up, but the spellings a bit too good for Rog.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:41am
Oh yeas I know JBL specs Eons hitting 130dB ballpark, and I know exactly how loud they are, and also how they do sound when driving hard.

Also when driving them gently, they sound just.... yuck!
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:39am
bassmattmatty

There are some people here that have 30 year experience.

There are some people here that are as pro as possible

There are many people here that have same kind of budget as you and know what they can do with it, based on many year experience.

You say you are here to listen & learn but you seem only accept views that are exactly similar to your own, while EVERYONE else thinks your views are flawed.

How is that possible?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:39am
Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

You could pick 24 channel desk for 500 pounds too...

If you are talking about a system that sells itself, then 1000 pound desk is not just going to cut it!
There is hell of a difference between £1000 and £10000 console. It would be just plain silly to try to buy some proper line array system, then buying a front end that suits more some youth band convention things. 

JBL Eons are nowhere near PRO.

I think your fine jbl eons are bloody good pal and have limiters already built into them which saves on even more money. I dont know any band in the world that would need more than 7 !! it would be too loud. bet you didn't know there over 130db a cabinet Wink 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

Troll means someone who posts on a forum to wind people up, google it.

Im sure you're not but it did seem like it at the start due to the ignoring of all advice, thats why people have started being slightly rude (like me). Honestly, you really should take in some of the advice / critisism.

I see.

I'am here to listen as well as learn but i also do know my stuff.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:33am
Troll means someone who posts on a forum to wind people up, google it.

Im sure you're not but it did seem like it at the start due to the ignoring of all advice, thats why people have started being slightly rude (like me). Honestly, you really should take in some of the advice / critisism.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:32am
You could pick 24 channel desk for 500 pounds too...

If you are talking about a system that sells itself, then 1000 pound desk is not just going to cut it!
There is hell of a difference between £1000 and £10000 console. It would be just plain silly to try to buy some proper line array system, then buying a front end that suits more some youth band convention things. 

JBL Eons are nowhere near PRO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:24am
Ok i've taken on board what you have all said & i think i need to spend another £10000 and l'am now going to look at buying a new van.

Whats the best van to buy for under £5000 ?

I already have a friend who owns 7 jbl eon monitor wedges which are powered so i save on ampsWink and you can pick up a 24 channel desk for £1000 if you know where to look.

Its all about forward thinking and planning you dont need to spend £10000 on a desk to get the most out of a band and the bands never see what desk your using anyway so as long as there monitors are loud who cares.

I would also like to ask why are you calling me a troll ? is it becuase i'am small or because you dont think i have the money ?

kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:03am
Originally posted by kevinmcdonough kevinmcdonough wrote:

But theres more.  You havent mentioned money for yourself anywheere in this? how are you going to live and eat and survive.  With all your money for the first 4 years going to pay back your system and your various outgoings, your going to need 4 years worth of saving on to of all this to live off yourself. Assuming the rates for a fairly modest £15 grand sallary over your 4 years to pay a morgage and have a resonably comfortable life thats ANOTHER 60 GRAND on top of you MINIMUM 60 GRAND system.

k

LOL, and do you know what i just realised, we haven't even mentioned Monitors in all of this SmileSmile

So add another 20-30 Grand on top of our already minimum 120 for maybe 10-12 monitor wedges, all of the amps and processing needed as well as your second desk and all of the cabling etc.

Damn, we really do work in an expensive ass business!  LOL

k

nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:32am
doggy styleLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>