Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Speakerplans Classics > Other Classics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi speaker geeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:14pm

Do you actually have any experience running  sound systems at all?

Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by bassmattmatty bassmattmatty wrote:

Funktion one only works for dance music and wont do rock n roll which is what i also intend on doing.

I would love to see the look on Tony Andrews face when you tell him that.
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:16pm
Yes and worked building a few as well so i know what goes on inside.
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:16pm
What systems do you have experience with?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Funktion one only works for dance music and wont do rock n roll which is what i also intend on doing.

One word

Glastonbury LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Spesh Spesh wrote:

What systems do you have experience with?

Jbl
rcf
nexo
martin
turbosound
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

One word

Glastonbury LOL

Oh yes, you're quite right. That would surely make him re-consider his views on point source systems
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:21pm
This is more entertaining than watching the Smurfs on X Factor on Sunday night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:23pm
Look at all the pro's out there, there all using line array systems not point source systems
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:25pm
Matt im sorry but your plan is basicly a no go from the start. Do you understand what a crossover is and how you use them? How about delays and time alignment? Do you know how to use a mixing desk to get the best out a band? How about compressors, gates, limiters etc?

Line array looks nice, and sound nice if your doing glastonbury and good systems cost a hell of a lot of money. 30K is not a lot in terms of big sound systems. for 30K you could not get a good line array and cables and a desk and storage and insurance and amps and processing. Its not possible.

I think you need to seriously sit down and work out a buisness plan because that sort of money can be used to buy some very nice kit if you go second hand and know what you are talking about when you go to buy it.

Frankly you sound like your the sort of guy who would end up paying list price for stuff because "thats what they cost". You need to work out what sort of venues and crowd sizes you will be aiming to cover. then go and see what others use to do this and then see how much it would cost to get a rig of the same size Once you have done this then maybe you will realise that its not just as simple and buy some stuff, plug it in and hey presto it sounds great. There is a hell of a lot more to it than that.

30k might get you the moniter system they use on the main stage at glasto if your lucky.
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:26pm

Look at all the pro's out there, there all using line array systems not point source systems

I know.

There are few things the "pro's" hate more than those nasty FK1 point source systems.
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:28pm

Sorry mate but I hope you have good PPe as starting your first post as speaker geeks is heading you for a whole heap of whoop ass....

tell you what keep your £30k in your back pocket - advertise that you can supply see what come back you get. and hire in for now. then "when you become an overnight success and take all our work away you can go out and get your "big rig" but please will you give me some work as I will be skint and I have a wife and two kids to feed. I think I will struggle as I have only been in the Industry for 15 years and built up a reputation over this period to where I have got today. I can tell from your previous posts James Kahn and the rest of the dragons will be banging on your door for a piece of the pie.

Seriously
get yourself a complete little rig of stackable cabs a nice FOH set up and spend a couple of thou, to do a few hundred people develop a reputation and build yourself up from there. otherwise you will have a load of kit getting rusty, going nowhere and burning a large hole in your arse....

Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>