Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Speakerplans Classics > Other Classics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi speaker geeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
They dont sound yuck Pfly you just need to eq them a bit on the back. I take it your still learning the ropes Cool
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
Feed the troll
Feed the troll.

feck it - now you are asking about vans - shall i come round and tie your shoe laces and wipe your bum, come here littl'n theres something on your face shall i get a hanky out and wipe it of with a bit of mummy spit!!!

I suggest you stick your money in the bank - get a jog with a company and learn the industry - and then work out what you want to do.

Feck Feck Feck - I am getting drawn in again   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
hey

OK if you are willing to listen then here, listen to this one piece of advice:

If you are happy working in small pubs and bars with local un-named bands, then the money you are talking of spending on desks, second hand equipment and random brands and items will do you fine.

However if you are intent on getting a line array, pro equipment and working on gigs that are of the level that that equipment is used for then you are woefully underestimating the investment needed in terms of money, skill and time, and you are going to blow a lot of money and time to learn this.

kev
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:47am
"job"
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:48am
Originally posted by bassmattmatty bassmattmatty wrote:

Whats the best van to buy for under £5000 ?

A maestro van
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:51am

They dont sound yuck Pfly you just need to eq them a bit on the back. I take it your still learning the ropes Cool

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Bored last night and bored again today----Pennyless Troll from Cloud Cuckoo land or it could be Rog again winding us up, but the spellings a bit too good for Rog.

Dont hate me because i am buying new kit i bet your be calling me next year asking to hire it in LOL

How old are you Robbo ? My guess is your still a bit wet behind the ears maybe its you that should try to listen a bit as well.
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:51am
Na a fecking Cara"van" and you piss off and join the circusLOL you clown....

its like a bloody black hole drawing you in............

kill the troll, kill the troll
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:53am

eons and pro in the same sentence LOL

sory had to be said

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:54am
It will be funny in years to come when your asking me for work Wink
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:56am

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Bored last night and bored again today----Pennyless Troll from Cloud Cuckoo land or it could be Rog again winding us up, but the spellings a bit too good for Rog.

How old are you Robbo ? My guess is your still a bit wet behind the ears maybe its you that should try to listen a bit as well.

Embarrassed oh deary me
jaykaygee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaykaygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:59am
Hi Matt,

sorry, but you've missed the point. People aren't trying to get you to spend more money!!!

I play in/manage a range of touring shows that play in large indoor venues and outdoor festivals(in other words, the sort of client you would be aiming for). When pro bands tour, they either tour with their own gear/technicians or their management company sends each venue a rider specifying the sound/lighting gear that they expect to be provided (very rarely will a line array be specified - more usually a well known brand and size).

This doesn't just specify acceptable speakers/amps, but also the number/make of monitors, DI boxes, mics, desks(monitor and FOH)...and much more. So, please try to understand that when people are telling you that you cannot do this on your budget, they are not telling you to increase your budget. They are recommending that you re-evaluate your business plan and spend your £30,000 (or preferably less) on a good 2nd point source rig/nice desk/monitors...etc that will let you cover a wide range of work with pro acts.

If you choose to ingnore this advice, please believe me, you will find that you will not get the type of work you are looking for.

James

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>