Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Speakerplans Classics > Other Classics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi speaker geeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Spesh Spesh wrote:

Originally posted by bassmattmatty bassmattmatty wrote:

Well i think i have Spesh, do you own a system ?

Yes I do

Did you make it ?
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:55pm
Yes----I have used most of the industry standard line arrays and I still haven't found one that works well on a breezy day outdoors------More to the point--HAVE YOU EVER USED A LINE ARRAY SYSTEM?
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by Spesh Spesh wrote:

Well i think i have Spesh, do you own a system ?

Yes I do

Did you make it ?

Some parts I made, others I bought.
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:59pm
I have used a small jbl line array system which got me fixed. Only problem was rigging the tops.
If you know what your doing it doesn't matter if its breezy outside Wink theres a few tricks which the pros know all about.
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:01am
have you got storage sorted out
public liability
rates
Vat registration
phone bills
electricity
flight cases
cabling
vehicles
warehouse staff
rigging kit

I would personally look at the work you could get
maybe purchase something like a dew box's od DB Q series (6 Q1 6 QSubs 3 D12 which you wont get much change for a bit over £30k - then go to the bank manager and borrow another £60k for Digi desk, Multi, flightcases, rent for premises, cables, vehicle, all associated costs of running a business. and work out how many times your rig has to go out at £750 to get some profit. its just not the PA you need it all the infrastructure to support and maintain that kit and keep the reputation and client service at such a level you can continue to get the kit our of the door.

well I wish you the very best of luck...

but I am glad that you have the blown drivers covered...
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:02am
OH--So you know how to correct the sound coming at you from 45 degrees away down a field instead of from the direction of the stage.
bassmattmatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmattmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:02am
Whats better a top of the line DBX or XTA ?
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:04am

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Look at all the pro's out there, there all using line array systems not point source systems

You had better tell AC/DC about your vast experience with line arrays, as they really could do with some advice on what to use on their current world tour.

Well AC/DC is old hat really and probably like odd school systems not saying it doesn't sound good but wont sound like a line array.

Have you ever used a line array Robbo ?

i honestly hope that you get this idea out of your head..

either 

1. Wrong in the head

2. Too much cash, dont know what to do with it

3. Very clever

4. Stupid

5. A troll

6. Got nothing better to do with your life than trying to build a business that many people warn you will crash and burn leaving you homeless and on the street where you will get mugged and raped nightly by a group of fat ugly nuns wanting revenge for a sex-less life shortly after which you will die from ebola. after getting your mother pregnant .
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:06am

Whats better a top of the line DBX or XTA ?

Well--Its now quite obvious that if you have to ask a question like that, then you certainly do not know a thing about sound and pro PA gear-----I should stick to using Peavey Hi-Sys if I were you and stop dreaming.  
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:06am

XTA - but you would know that wouldnt you?

subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Funktion one only works for dance music and wont do rock n roll which is what i also intend on doing.

I would love to see the look on Tony Andrews face when you tell him that.

I've heard this many, many times before.... Confused
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:07am
he's a fecking troll.......

dont fuel the fire.......

burn the witch.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>