Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage mixers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage mixers
    Posted: 15 November 2009 at 5:54pm
Found this on fleabay but mist the auction went for £5.00? think I paid about £400 for mine when it was new!!!

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 6:00pm
This was the first really expensive mixer I bought, I paid well over a grand for it in the early 80's!
GLI3990 really nice to use when it worked , but you needed a bike to get from one end of the crossfade to the other (this is a downloaded pic)

Citronic SM607 still hard to beat for sound quality from the days when citronic made quality kit!
about the mid 70's

Edited by colint - 15 November 2009 at 6:19pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 8:50pm
Great idea for a topic
I tried to bid on that Soundout mixer was prepered to go to £100 for it  That is rare as ****
But the seller wouldnt answer emails and it was collection only
I picked up this one on Ebay recently  Citronic Trent II mixer well used as can be seen

I collect old Citronic gear  This one was a great addition to my collection worked perfect just a few noisy controls

colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

Great idea for a topic
I tried to bid on that Soundout mixer was prepered to go to £100 for it  That is rare as ****
But the seller wouldnt answer emails and it was collection only
I picked up this one on Ebay recently  Citronic Trent II mixer well used as can be seen

I collect old Citronic gear  This one was a great addition to my collection worked perfect just a few noisy controls

Thats part of a Trent console it should have a SL1200 of either side of it on a metal frame?
the trent was a great idea from citronic but it failed because the muppets didn't put a crossfade on the mixer?
I modified a couple of these by removing the deck stars (which no one bothered with anyway) and cut a crossfade in place of them, bit crude but it worked!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:43pm
Could this be the first ever GLI?
This has to be the perfect mixer for the red line Dj!

And these were quite popular in the disco's in london in the 70's

Couldn't really have a vintage mixer thread without one of these, I have used one, installed 3, but never owned one this has to be the mixer most Dj's want, and even though I've sold off most of my kit if one comes along I'm having it! I have a plan to got out for a drink with jblman get him pissed and get this one when his defences are down!! Lol
Pic courtesy of jblman!

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:54pm
I have added a pic of the console from the decks catalogue
I think a lot of these were snapped up just for the turntables and the mixers dumped I have several
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

I have added a pic of the console from the decks catalogue
I think a lot of these were snapped up just for the turntables and the mixers dumped I have several
Just out of interest do you have a picture of either the system 80 or cs rack? if so could you post them? Ta! Col.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 10:51pm
As colin says,the Supernova..one of only 300 made,this is in the rare factory-built case/plinth..most were sold just as a chassis...it also has the Penny and giles fader option.

Another from the collection....Simon Harris' Formula sound PM80 with crossfader module,Simon used to take this in lots of clubs in the 80.s.Chris Hill,Pete Tong and Robbie Vincent all played though this mixer.

Citronic Tamar console with the "microprocessor" auto fade gizmo...

And of course an Avon (same as a Hawaii,but with built in 2x150w amp),probually the best all-round Citronic console of the 80's.
Be seeing you.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:32pm
Just out of interest do you have a picture of either the system 80 or cs rack? if so could you post them? Ta! Col.

No sorry I dont have the brochure for the CS mixers but do have a SAept 1987 price list which is:

CS220 Mic Mixer  £165
CS460 Music Mixer  £425
CS210 Graphic EQ   £165

As  a matter of interest the
Avon II as above was   £939
Tamar was also £939
Trent II with Sl1200 decks and no amps was   £1650
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 8:11pm
Mh,have you got the 1987 new price for the PPX900 amplifier there?
Be seeing you.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 9:53pm
I love old citronic gear too! I own:
2 PPX 450
1 PPX 900
1 PPX 1200
1 PPX 1600
2 SA400
An EQ 350 Graphic equaliser,

An SM 350, SM450, and my favourite and main mixer an SM650. I've yet to use anything I like more!
100% Earth Moving Bass
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Mh,have you got the 1987 new price for the PPX900 amplifier there?

Yes I do Jblman here are the prices for all the PPX series
PPX 300  £499.00
PPX450 £679.00
PPX800  £819.00
PPX1200 £1109.00
PPX1600  £1349.00
Funny to think they cost all that money back  22 years ago Sort of compares to the top range QSC stuff nowdays
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>